Just got this from ebay ??? Sheron, You've Received a Number of Defects

Sheron, You've Received a Number of Defects

At eBay, we’re committed to providing the best buyer experience and supporting
you as a seller.

We’ve noticed you’ve received a number of defects and want to remind you that we have the tools available to manage your performance – The Seller Dashboard.

Further defects on your account may result in your performance falling below standards, with consequences that include:

• Showing lower on search result pages, which could result in less visibility and sales
  • Account limitations, such as restriction in selling rights or reduced selling limits
  • Access to your funds may be delayed.

Check out the Seller Dashboard now to monitor your performance and identify areas of service you could improve on.

I think, hmmm that might explain why sales are sooooooooo slow, so I head on over to my dashboard, and nothing, no defects ?????? why do they send you this stuff get you in a flutter and then bam nothing.

But if anyone can explain are sales slow ???? or is it just my store ???? I admit I am downsizing as ebay has lost its shine over recent years, but I do keep in stock my top selling items, but even they are not moving, feeling deflated Woman SadSmiley SadRobot SadCat Sad

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yep - I got a spoof email saying I had received my first defect.  A very good spoof email I must say - used my first name and all the link addresses looked genuine. But nothing in my eBay message inbox and no defects recorded.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@jfmgray wrote:

Yep - I got a spoof email saying I had received my first defect.  A very good spoof email I must say - used my first name and all the link addresses looked genuine. But nothing in my eBay message inbox and no defects recorded.

Its not a spoof email ...it is from ebay and I had a defect which has now been removed ...lots of folks getting the same thing.

If you want a consiricy theory how about ..... Ebay is trying out a new program that will deal out defects automaticaly with all refunds ! 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Not a spoof - it's from eBay. IP address checks out to the PR firm eBay use for this sort of thing, and direct e-mails don't into the Messages folder.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Received same email and have no defets, its strange.

My sales for may May are down 58% on last year, absolutely no clue why.

So you are not alone.

Anyone have any idea?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@elegant--u wrote:

Sheron, You've Received a Number of Defects

At eBay, we’re committed to providing the best buyer experience and supporting
you as a seller.

We’ve noticed you’ve received a number of defects and want to remind you that we have the tools available to manage your performance – The Seller Dashboard.

Further defects on your account may result in your performance falling below standards, with consequences that include:

• Showing lower on search result pages, which could result in less visibility and sales
  • Account limitations, such as restriction in selling rights or reduced selling limits
  • Access to your funds may be delayed.

Check out the Seller Dashboard now to monitor your performance and identify areas of service you could improve on.

I think, hmmm that might explain why sales are sooooooooo slow, so I head on over to my dashboard, and nothing, no defects ?????? why do they send you this stuff get you in a flutter and then bam nothing.

But if anyone can explain are sales slow ???? or is it just my store ???? I admit I am downsizing as ebay has lost its shine over recent years, but I do keep in stock my top selling items, but even they are not moving, feeling deflated Woman SadSmiley SadRobot SadCat Sad

Your feedback score for the last 30 days is 68. Your 12 month feedback score is 818. 68 x 12 = 816. Your feedback would indicate your sales are spookily regular and consistent with no hint of slowing over a 12 month period.

Ebay ebbs and flows. If you have a few good days it tends to drop right away over the next few to bring you back to your long term average. Many sellers believe this is a throttling process that ebay uses to manage some sellers sales. Your feedback which indicates a variation of 0.25 % in sales over the last twelve months would suggest your account is one of those affected by the phenomina.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply