Just listed an item for sale but it doesn't show in any searches. Is it realy listed?

rupert_56
Community Member

Been tolled my new listing is successful but I can't find it via any search. Is it really listed? Is there a time delay before displaying? How can I check my items for sale from the 'public' side of eBay?

Incredaby frustrating!!!!!!!!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRR  ;-)))

Thanks

Rupert

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Just listed an item for sale but it doesn't show in any searches. Is it realy listed?

It can take 24hrs for a listing to appear if it's from a new seller, especially with no feedback at all as in your case.

Edit to add. If you log out of your account and then log in to ebay.au without logging into your account, you'll see the site as an "outsider".

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Also, you need to upgrade your account for selling if you haven't already done so, otherwise buyers will not be able to put funds into your Paypal account.

You will also be subject to a 21 day hold on your money until tracking shows the item has been delivered and/or the buyer has left positive feedback. This does NOT mean that you can hold the item until funds are cleared.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

@padi*0409wrote:

It can take 24hrs for a listing to appear if it's from a new seller, especially with no feedback at all as in your case.

Edit to add. If you log out of your account and then log in to ebay.au without logging into your account, you'll see the site as an "outsider".

Er, how does one log in without logging in?  Yes, if you have two accounts you can log in to the other one.  You can look at your items as a buyer would by not being logged in.

rupert, does the item you listed show on your summary page or Active Selling page?  If not, perhaps it didn't list successfully after all.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585wrote:

@padi*0409

Er, how does one log in without logging in?  Yes, if you have two accounts you can log in to the other one.  You can look at your items as a buyer would by not being logged in.

Bad choice of words probably rabbit, I meant to open the ebay.com.au site by clicking on it in the browser after logging out...............

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

To add to what has been said, if you only get 1 bid that is what the item will sell for.  Always start an auction at a price you are happy to accept.  Bidding wars very rarely happen these days.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

As previously said, you might only get one bid for 99c

Also this bit, at the end of your listing -

eBay listing restrict delivery options. My preference for paintings is Pack and Send at buyer's expense. Pack and Send have quoted $215 for delivery to Sydney. More further; less closer.

That's not gunna work.  You have standard postage listed as $16.55

Maybe revise the lisitng  re starting price and maybe freight or contact seller?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@imastawkawrote:

That's not gunna work.  You have standard postage listed as $16.55

$42.00 to me in SW of WA Stawks.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Still not $215+ Padi

If someone buys it for 99c and pays for the postage that they see????

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply