Looking for some help when PO lost parcels

Hi, friends 

I am looking for some advice in regarding to posting issues as I am relatively new to eBay.

I statrted a small eBay selling buisness about Apr 2017, and after almost a year I could see the trend is going well (For now It is very common for me to post 1 or 2 parcels everybusiness day)

I use Post office from the day I formally started, I would say I never had a problem like missing parcels not even delays til Feb 2018. 

This month is totally a nighmaire to me, til 27th I posted about 30 parcels and 6 get missing, no need to mention for delays. 

I didn't insured or even required signatures as it would limit my margin (My profitabiltiy is already quite limited.) Those just get missing, there is one express 500 grams satchel along with 2 regular boxes directly disappeared after my LPO collected, no further update after one week.

And I have to bouncing between PO and my furious customers, offering some free gifts or bounces to them to try to calm them down.  

I wonder if some of you actually have similar experience or just me?? Any advice to handle this? If this kind of situation kept just for 2 months then I am down... 

Thanks

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Wow! We use AP almost exclusively and sure there is the odd issue, but mainly with international.

Something seems very wrong there.

Do you have a good relationship at your local PO? We receive very good help there, or are you close to the distribution centre? Perhaps address your issues there and hope you get to the right person.

SOmeone with more experience may have better advice, but that where I've always started with any issue and good for us, they've always sorted things very quickly.

Good luck!

Melina.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

@ivansnow19630wrote:

Hi, friends 

I am looking for some advice in regarding to posting issues as I am relatively new to eBay.

..., I would say I never had a problem like missing parcels not even delays til Feb 2018. 

This month is totally a nighmaire to me, til 27th I posted about 30 parcels and 6 get missing, no need to mention for delays. 

I didn't insured or even required signatures as it would limit my margin (My profitabiltiy is already quite limited.) Those just get missing, there is one express 500 grams satchel along with 2 regular boxes directly disappeared after my LPO collected, no further update after one week.

And I have to bouncing between PO and my furious customers, offering some free gifts or bounces to them to try to calm them down.  

I wonder if some of you actually have similar experience or just me?? Any advice to handle this? If this kind of situation kept just for 2 months then I am down... 

Thanks

I've never had your experience, but in reverse, we went through a time when all our mail deliveries seemed to lag well behind other people's. For example when a friend sent invites out, we didn't get ours till a week later than others in the neighbouring suburbs, even though all were sent together.

I got fed up & ended up writing an email. Look online at the Aust post website & there is some section where you can contact them.

But before you do, write down details. Date things were posted, where they were posted, where they were going to etc

Aust post will send you a big envelope of documentation to fill out so they can investigate. You can also complain in person at your local post office where you normally post the things off, but make sure you also complain to head office as I  assume a local branch would then be approached by their bosses about the complaint.

Something is very wrong. 6 parcels missing out of 30 is too many, almost unbelievable.

I have never struck that at all with Aust post. It is not typical.

It also unfortunately brings to mind scamming by buyers as if you have no tracking, they only have to say a thing hasn't arrived & who is to prove otherwise?

Complain to Aust post formally but also put your prices up so you can cover tracking. See if that miraculously makes any difference.

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Wow! We use AP almost exclusively and sure there is the odd issue, but mainly with international.

Something seems very wrong there.

Do you have a good relationship at your local PO? We receive very good help there, or are you close to the distribution centre? Perhaps address your issues there and hope you get to the right person.

SOmeone with more experience may have better advice, but that where I've always started with any issue and good for us, they've always sorted things very quickly.

Good luck!

Melina.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Eeeeek. Not good at all

Have you spoken to the post master and made him/her aware ?

If you don't get anywhere with the post office themselves, maybe post on the Australia Post Facebook page (on their wall) if you have it ? 

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Oooh, an empty box seller.

We love those here on the boards   

Spoiler
Related image

Sorry - can't help. 

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

have you lodged cases with Australia Post's my support / case platform? you can lodge cases on there with the tracking numbers for delivery issues / delays / lost items. 

https://auspost.com.au/portal/#/login

you can then take the case number and send a message to them via facebook (as previously suggested), twitter, or another form of social media and they'll usually act on them pretty quickly. 

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@ivansnow19630wrote:

I am not sure why your profitability is so low.  By your own admission you are only using regular postage (no insurance or SOD) but you are charging high prices for the empty boxes.  Apart from the postage the boxes cost you nothing and $25 is a lot for an empty box.

I have to ask if some of your buyers feel a bit ripped off and are trying to get a free item.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

at $25 per box I am sitting on a goldmine here.

Spoiler
I wonder if the OP is interested in a bulk purchase of lens boxes from me
Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

maybe the buyers thought they got all of the boxes as pictured? :] i'd want them all for $25 Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Did you notice he's actually sold one?!!!!!!!!
Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Actually, the one buyer bought 4

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply