Label problem

I tried to print a label for an item I sold to Germany but when I reached post code,, it had been automatically filed in. I couldn't move past this so I surmised that the number (I think 5 digits) wasn't accepted. This meant having to hand address the item and take it to the PO. Any ideas or advice? 

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Label problem

You can't use ebay labels for international items. As far as the lable goes I prefer to just cut and paste the address into WORD or something similar and use a printer so there is no confusion with reading it.

Don't forget to allow for the delays and consider using Express options.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Label problem

@tathraman wrote:
There was no explanation, just a curt "Try to write neatly, too. " . If he was referring to a misspelled word,well, whose life is sad?

Did you read the link that was posted?

If that is offensive to you then you may as well not come to the boards for help as a lot of help is given in the form of links.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Label problem

@tathraman wrote:

I tried to print a label for an item I sold to Germany but when I reached post code,, it had been automatically filed in. I couldn't move past this so I surmised that the number (I think 5 digits) wasn't accepted. This meant having to hand address the item and take it to the PO. Any ideas or advice? 

Here are some tips! 

Try to write neatly, too. 

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Label problem

Unhelpful and offensive.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Label problem

You can't use ebay labels for international items. As far as the lable goes I prefer to just cut and paste the address into WORD or something similar and use a printer so there is no confusion with reading it.

Don't forget to allow for the delays and consider using Express options.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Label problem

@tathraman wrote:
Unhelpful and offensive.

???

German's format their addresses differently to us - having posted items to German addresses from both here and within Germany, I can tell you it pays to have the details formatted correctly.

If a link explaining how to do that is offensive to you, then don't you have a sad life?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Label problem

There was no explanation, just a curt "Try to write neatly, too. " . If he was referring to a misspelled word,well, whose life is sad?
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Label problem

Sorry if you need spoon feeding. The information is there - use it or ignore it, it really makes no difference to me.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Label problem

@tathraman wrote:
Unhelpful and offensive.

"I tried to print a label for an item I sold to Germany..."

Using eBay postage, My Post, Sendle, DHL ?  Maybe frame your problem better next time and you might get a better answer.  Hand writing a label might be a last resort but it is a workable solution.  If you find that answer 'offensive' post your problems elsewhere.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Label problem

@tathraman wrote:

Did you read the link that was posted?

If that is offensive to you then you may as well not come to the boards for help as a lot of help is given in the form of links.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Label problem

probably too late now, but I have to say it anyway - you can't use ebay labels - as posted above -

but you can use the direct Australia Post labels for international parcels.

And Aust Post advise mail to Germany is limited to Sea Mail, which I don't suppose the buyer will be too happy about.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply