Lack of new members

etb321
Community Member

Just looking down my list of sold items, there are almost no buyers with feedback less than 100.  I used to get members with feedback scores of zero or one, stumbling their way through inital purchases. My thinking, hopefully incorrect, is there has been a fairly  steep decline in new ebay accounts.

Tom

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Lack of new members

Unfortunately the horse has bolted for ebay - i hardly shop here anymore (bought 1 item in the last year just recently and have had a poor experience).  It's only the same old scammers left here - for everyone else it's the new ebay called facebook marketplace

Message 2 of 48
Latest reply

Lack of new members

This is the funniest thread Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Message 3 of 48
Latest reply

Lack of new members

Except for the people who wouldn't be caught dead on Facebook.
Message 4 of 48
Latest reply

Lack of new members

@supermussolinibros wrote:

Unfortunately the horse has bolted for ebay - i hardly shop here anymore (bought 1 item in the last year just recently and have had a poor experience).  It's only the same old scammers left here - for everyone else it's the new ebay called facebook marketplace

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

You've got to be kidding. It's okay, it is another selling platform and there are no fees but it's not great for a lot of items and there are more drongos there than on ebay.

I had to laugh when i saw your post as this (see below) was recently on my facebook page. The woman commenting is in Vic, some of her friends & family are from Ireland. 

Seems the marketplace experience is the same everywhere.Smiley Very Happy

marketplace comment by pearl.PNG

Message 5 of 48
Latest reply

Lack of new members

I usually get a 0 feedback buyer a few times per week on average and a few more under 10. Majority would be around the 50-150 range. 

My guess the 0 feedback buyers may be coming from google searches due to what they tend to buy. 

Message 6 of 48
Latest reply

Lack of new members

I'm still laughing Woman LOL

Message 7 of 48
Latest reply

Lack of new members

Crow, youre an idiot

I agree with Eol 100%.

And Google searches always bring in new collectors.

Message 8 of 48
Latest reply

Lack of new members

I'm laughing because this thread is silly because OP isn't happy that a zero feedback buyer isn't buying from them lol.

In my experience 0 feedback buyers are scammers (although not all of them) and yes I was one once but why would you be encouraging 0 feedback buyers and not stick with the established ones?

I block anyone with less than 10 feedback sorry but that's just me after what I went through!

And stawks I can still see that you called me an idiot hahaha.

Message 9 of 48
Latest reply

Lack of new members

@collect247 wrote:

I'm laughing because this thread is silly because OP isn't happy that a zero feedback buyer isn't buying from them lol.

In my experience 0 feedback buyers are scammers (although not all of them) and yes I was one once but why would you be encouraging 0 feedback buyers and not stick with the established ones?

I block anyone with less than 10 feedback sorry but that's just me after what I went through!

And stawks I can still see that you called me an idiot hahaha.

Except eBay removed the block for low feedback buyers (which I wasn't at all happy about).

Message 10 of 48
Latest reply