Late deliveries and refunds being paid when items are delivered

The last few months with Australia Post being particularly slow, we’ve had numerous cases where customer applies for a refund while package is in transit ( tracking is always provided)  and eBay refund the customer… even though tracking shows the item has been delivered.  Tried reversing the refund via eBay and they just say sorry but too bad.  Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If items are shipped within your handling time, tracking uploaded and at least one tracking event recorded, then ebay should be paying the refund out of there pocket.

Can't say I have noticed any recent problems with AP delivery times.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If items are shipped within your handling time, tracking uploaded and at least one tracking event recorded, then ebay should be paying the refund out of there pocket.

Can't say I have noticed any recent problems with AP delivery times.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

no problems for my parcels, either sending or receiving.

So amusing when buyers mention the "fast delivery" in feedback .

I do wish my purchases were placed in the safe place listed on MyPost account, and the courier simply pressed the door bell to let me know a parcel has been left outside my front door. But apart from one parcel being attacked by magpies, all parcels retrieved intact.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@paper-jack wrote:

and the courier simply pressed the door bell to let me know a parcel has been left outside my front door. 

I wish mine would do the same,  instead they bash on the window glass, about 5 cm from the door bell, I am sure they will smash it one day.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Not experiencing this problem, I suggest re-evaluating your delivery process, lodge on time at the post office or parcel locker, or extending your processing time, if the tracking shows delivery for the item the case would close in your favor not the buyers, Based on the feedback this a common issue with you not every seller.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I've just had a look at your feedback & you're right, a lot of buyers are unhappy about slow postage.

Basically, your goods need to arrive by the estimated arrival date. You can't just go blaming Australia Post, that won't fly with most buyers because the majority will be used to getting most other ebay purchases on time and maybe other online items quite quickly.

I don't think Aus post has been slow the last few months, certainly not in my area.

So you need to consider a few things.

Is the problem perhaps in your local area? If so, then you may need to adjust the handling time or whatever to push out the estimated arrival dates to something more realistic, where you can be pretty sure the items will definitely arrive in time.

Then you need to actually post faster than your handling time would indicate. Give yourself a head start.

That way, you may be able to prevent any late delivery problems from happening in the first place.

Ebay, as far as I know, usually gives each case a few days to play out or for the seller to provide evidence so I am assuming that the items still have not arrived by the time the case is closed in the buyer's favour? Are they arriving some time after that?

My experience with a lot of people is if they get a refund and an item arrives some time later, they consider the issue closed & they are still feeling annoyed by the whole transaction & the bother, so it is unlikely many will contact you and pay later.

Auspost isn't about to change so you have to. The items really need to get there on time.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

i brought an item on e bay and the tracking number was invalid and wrong according the Australian post website  so it just shows it to be in Melbourne and it was never updated waited for some time item didn't arrive on time so a refund was offered by seller and later that week item arrived via my delivery address  only now seller wants the money for it and i cant find anything on e bay to alow me to pay back that refund for item i want to keep that arrived very late 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

If you have Paypal, ask the seller for their Paypal account number and transfer the funds that way, or transfer to their bank A/C.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply