Latest eBay promotion: Super Sundays, Sell for $1

Apparently available to all eBay.com.au sellers:

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/5801

In my Promotional Offers tab, it states:

1 Day Only: Pay $1 When you Sell!
List as many items for free and only pay $1 in Final Value Fees per item. Learn More

However, I don't know if the "as many for free" actually applies since the link for the promotional says that insertion fees are excluded from the promotion.

I also don't know if this is one of those promotions that only kick into effect once all 40 monthly freebies have been used.

Will be curious to see how others go with this promotion - in terms of whether insertion fees are also waived, etc.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

This is the same one we had last Sunday and the Sunday before that. Unless the terms have changed it's not for stores, it doesn't use your 40, and you don't pay insertion fees unless you list in two categories. I did read them just now and see what you mean about it saying it excludes insertion fees. I'm listing some in a couple of hours so I'll see whether they come off the 40 or not (they didn't last week).

It also only applies to single quantity listings.
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

It's the same as the last two Sundays - they're not coming off the 40 and you aren't being charged listing fees.
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I get the invitation only message with my stores, but this account which is non store was eligable, so looks like a non store only promotion.,

No luck for me, but all the best for those who are eligable.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

having not used this promo in the previous sundays, can anyone clarify.... does it have to sell on sunday too? it says make avail during the promo period... if it doesn't have to sell on the sunday how do they keep track ofthe $1 only fee? thanks

• Pay a maximum of $1 in Final Value Fees for any items you list and make available for purchase in a single category during the Promotion Period (see exclusions below).
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

They have a list of the item numbers you listed that day so if they sell within their first cycle they apply the fees according to the rules in place at the time they were listed. Sorry for the rather convoluted sentence but I've sold things in similar promos in the past and been charged the correct amount.

If you want to see the listing numbers for the items you list under the promo, click on the number of items you listed (showing under that promo) and it takes you to a page with all the numbers.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I do not get even get the link to take up offer. One term does say  

• Sellers whose accounts do not meet eBay's minimum performances standards are not eligible to participate in this promotion' but I think I meet ebays MAXIMUM perfermance. Nothing like giving myself a pat on the back, as ebay certainly do not reward my excellent performance lol  -well actually thy do???? they take off my 3 auto relists!!
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

It needs an accept button to use it, as I tried it without an accept button and it came off my 40.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

I am currently on the phone with ebay and they have stated catergorically that the sunday deal only applies to items advertised on sunday and sold by tyhe close of business that day. Yes i am sure thatr the representative does not understand what the promotion is. Why would anyone want to use it. Ps this is the final statement from the representative. The promotion is only for a select few clients. Why is this advertised on the radio so all can hear

@justajunkwrote:

Apparently available to all eBay.com.au sellers:

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/5801

In my Promotional Offers tab, it states:

1 Day Only: Pay $1 When you Sell!
List as many items for free and only pay $1 in Final Value Fees per item. Learn More

However, I don't know if the "as many for free" actually applies since the link for the promotional says that insertion fees are excluded from the promotion.

I also don't know if this is one of those promotions that only kick into effect once all 40 monthly freebies have been used.

Will be curious to see how others go with this promotion - in terms of whether insertion fees are also waived, etc.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I can state categorically that the promotion applies until the item is sold or ends/relists. Unless, of course, they have changed it from Sunday 2 weeks ago.

It is generally pointless asking eBay anything that requires anything other than a Yes/No answer. Even then I would take it with a bottle of salt.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply