Letter Rate postage option disappeared in Sell Similar

When using Sell Similar from an item that originally had a parcel as a posting method, the option to change to a Tracked Letter has disappeared. I know someone complained of this some time ago, and then said it had reappeared, but for me this is a problem of some weeks standing. When this occurs from a parcel rate item, I just choose Australia Post Standard Parcel and adjust the cost to Tracked Letter Rate. I figure this is OK because both have tracking.

More annoyingly when I am using Sell Similar from a letter rate item, the other Letter Rate option does not appear. So if I want to change from a Tracked Letter to an Untracked Letter I have to have 2 windows open, one to list for Tracked and one for Untracked.

I have done all the usual things – cleared cookies and cache, tried different browsers, tried both desk top and lap top (don’t use the app.) It may be OK if starting to list from scratch, but I have a template so like to use Sell Similar. If others have this problem, has anybody worked out a better way around this?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Letter Rate postage option disappeared in Sell Similar

The listing says optional for size and dimensions but I think it is needed now especially when ebay print out return labels.

I did notice the letter option the first time was at the bottom of the list and trying later was at the top. Funny thing the agent could see the option on my listing the whole time although I may have changed it to 2cm before they looked so may have loaded the option correctly where as I needed to refresh the browser.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Given the maximum thickness of ANY letter is 2cm, as you well know, that is not surprising. 

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Was never needed before to show letter option plus eBay says it's optional to add dimensions

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

I opt out. Simple. But I don't send stuff more than 2cm thick as letters.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

OK so next question is - do you need dimensions at all? Apparently not, as you can leave dimensions blank, and all options are shown, including Tracked and Untracked Letters. I enter my own cost for all domestic options, using eBay calculations only for International Postage. Weight is of course vital for International Postage calculations, but not dimensions, so in future probably the best course is to leave them blank.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I use flat rate for everything. I don't post Internationally, and I certainly don't rely on eBay updating parcel rates in a timely manner.

Your initial issue was trying to 'sell similar' without adjusting dimensions. Lose dimensions, lose hiccups

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

OK trialling further, while no dimensions seems to work fine with domestic postage, apparently dimensions are required for calculating International post. As I can't use Flat Rate postage for International Post Parcels (may suit some sellers but not me), I will revert to including dimensions with the thickness given as 2 cms. (The dimensions don't matter for calculating International Parcel Post, as this is calculated on weight. ) This way I can use the same template for all Domestic items (Parcels, Letters Tracked and Untracked), and International Parcels.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply