Lights on ...lights off

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - 4 sales total ...Thursday 16 sales and 3 questions..... Friday nothing , nada zip ! 

Can only imagine how busy I would be if the lights were left on ! So over ebay but no where else to go! 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Lights on ...lights off

Yawn.

It's been happening for years.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Lights on ...lights off

@stickerswa wrote:

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - 4 sales total ...Thursday 16 sales and 3 questions..... Friday nothing , nada zip ! 

Can only imagine how busy I would be if the lights were left on ! So over ebay but no where else to go! 

Be careful what you wish for............Smiley Very Happy

I had an experience a couple of years ago when ebay obviously had a problem and left my lights blazing for several days. I got totaly swamped with sales, questions, offers etc. Things where selling quicker than I could pack them and each day I had to use the tradesmans entrance at the rear of the post office to unload parcels onto trollies as there was too many to just go over the front counter.  I was getting further and further behind when it stopped as quick as it started. It took a couple of days to catch up and I was ready for a rest when it finished.

My ebay business runs around 1800 listings which is about all I can handle comfortably as far as sales, packing, new listings etc. goes. This keeps me busy for 15-20 hours a week. When ebay gets busier than normal, I dont have the time to devote to my sheep grazing business and so I dont do any new listings. This slows things back down again for awhile. When things slow, I do a few more listings and re-invigorate things.

By restricting or increasing my new listings, I manage sales flows over time, keeping things busy, and at the maximum I can comfortably handle. If the lights where to go on too long, I wouldnt be able to keep up and would have to downsize my stores to compensate.

I believe my stores where heavily affected by ebays averaging of sales up until 12 months ago. Most months my total sales varied less than 1% on average.  Around a year ago something changed and I find my sales flows are now less regulated and more " natural '"

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Lights on ...lights off

My sales have also been down for the last year or so. I sell coins and banknotes and they used to sell very well but these days almost nothing at sells. I wish there was another place to go as eBay has gone downhill big time.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Lights on ...lights off

There are plenty of other places to list but no one uses them because everyone knows ebay has the most listings.

I have been with a Swapmeet type site and a Sell Bid and Buy type site that sprung up after Quicksales died  but they have very few listings.

If people took a chance and tried the other sites then ebay would have something to worry about but that aint gunna happen anytime soon! 

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Lights on ...lights off

Cheers stickerswa i have looked up Swapmeet sites and joined a few and begun listing 😉
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Lights on ...lights off

I also sell coins but I'm going gang busters and can't keep up with demand but I do start at 99c with free postage plus I get a fantastic price for what I sell.

I used to have a BIN price but realized that buyers must love the thrill of bidding so I now always have auctions.

Mind you I sell what buyers want and not some rubbish like alot of sellers try to sell with very inflated prices lol.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Lights on ...lights off

yep Ebay's latest halloween trick..it's totally in the dark for us...dead...lights off big time...what a terrible selling platform...

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Lights on ...lights off

@knewdoors wrote:

yep Ebay's latest halloween trick..it's totally in the dark for us...dead...lights off big time...what a terrible selling platform...

My sales used to be that regular you could make a prunlax advert out of them.  But somethings changed. The handbrake is definately off with sales up and down on a more natural flow and monthly sales numbers I havnt seen for a very long time. I suspect the changes occured around 15 months ago when I downgraded one of my stores from featured to basic, but lately sales have been very " natural " and increasing over time. All up its looking pretty positive.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Lights on ...lights off

That's very interesting!!!.... Soooo how's everyone going NOW? Anyone's Christmas rush happening ... To those who have Xmas rush times? Mines going OK (not as good as last year tho so far) ...Not that I would expect a Xmas rush yet ...but that's what happened last year. Looks like people may be shopping later this year!

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply