Listing on the US Site and is a store worth it?

I have some clothing items that I want to list on the US site,   So Ive gone to the US page and listed the items,  one is showing up but one I listed last night is counting down but I cant find it anywhere when I do a search on the US site?         Whats the best way to list on the US site and have my listings seen?

Second:    I have quite a few items (BNWT) I want to sell rather quickly (stock I need to move),  is it worth spending the 50 bux on a store for a month or two to get my listings seen better?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Listing on the US Site and is a store worth it?

I can see two listings on ebay.com, one auction, one BIN, both with free international shipping.

A basic store on ebay AU is only $19.95 a month and includes up to 80 free fixed price listings. Store listings don't have any higher results in Best Match search. If you list multiple quantities as Good Til Cancelled then once they have recent sales they will move up the rankings. The main advantage of a store is 30 day or GTC listings and lower FVFs.

You can use the Fee Illustrator to calculate which is the best option for your listings.

http://www.fees.ebay.com.au/feeweb/feeillustrator

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

in what way do you believe/hope that your listings will be seen better if you have a store vs a general account?

Do you mean the listing format (BIN vs auction), max/min listing time, the placement in search results, the "professional" appearance??

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

With clothing listings you should try and add as many Item Specifics as possible. If you do a search of the category that you're going to list in on the US site you can make a note of all the specifics that are listed on the left hand side. I would also select a more generic colour in the specifics and use the brand's colour name in the Description.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies.          Im glad someone is seeing both listings on the us site as I could only see one.        

AS for the store,  I guess I was just under the impression that better search results would come with a store, however if that is not the case then I guess a store may not be worth the extra $$.        So my best bet is probably to list items as auctions.    If I listed items at really low starting auction prices would that bring in more bids and better search results, thus possibly getting the end asking price??

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@licoricebabyandfabmama wrote:
If I listed items at really low starting auction prices would that bring in more bids and better search results, thus possibly getting the end asking price??

It may. But if you only get one bid you'll end up selling the item for your really low start price.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

ooookay so my other listing was not showing up because on the US site it takes 24 hours for the listing to be aproved.      I can see it if I go to my other items for sale through the first listing but I cant actually see it in the search results.    Unfortunately waiting for the listing to be aproved comes out of your auction time,  so for a 3 day auction I am actually only getting 2 days,  good to know.       I dont remember waiting that long for Australian listings to be aproved so I guess US Listings are different.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Australian listings say something like they can take up to 24 hours to appear.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply