Listings Appearing At End Of Search Results

Copy and paste of my email to Ebay Support tonight.  I'm tired of all my listings appearing way down search lists, my customers have also advised me that this is happening with my listings.

Maybe someone here can shed a light on it too as to a solution to this problem, which I strongly suspect is the main reason for sales to be so low.

Email below:

I have been trying to work out why I am not selling the amount of items that I usually do, which has been a major problem for the past 6 months or longer.  I just logged out of my Ebay account and then pretended to be a potential customer and did a search for 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzles.

I have around 800 jigsaw puzzles of 1,000 pieces listed, yet when I do a general search, out of the 34 pages of items, ALL my puzzles are in the last few pages.

I have done searches for other items that I sell and the problem is similar right across all the categories that I sell.

Can you please explain why all my items are appearing so far down on the searches.

This is totally unacceptable considering that I pay Ebay $500 per month just for my anchor store alone, my feedback record whilst not perfect, is not bad either with only 25 negative feedbacks against 5,000 positive feedbacks during the past 12 months.

I am beginning to question the wisdom of investing over $20,000 per year in fees with Ebay, especially considering that all my listings appear well down the search lists.

It would be appreciated if someone with advanced knowledge explain what in the hell is happening here.  I do not want any copy and paste standard answers, I want my account representative or their superior to explain to me correctly why my items appear so far down search lists.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Listings Appearing At End Of Search Results

Wow, the comma did make all the difference.... but you would think eBay would want buyers to find what they are looking for and allow for both.

It's silly, IMO, when I list a men's item, in the title I begrudgingly type 'Mens', even though the former is grammatically correct, the difference is that I can come under searches for both if I list in the Men's Jewellery category because categories and default item specifics usually double as automatic search terms. I guess because in the puzzles category it only has a range (500-1000), even if it's selected it won't come up in a keyword search like it would with more specific item specs. 

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Listings Appearing At End Of Search Results

I suggest you only remove half of them.  Some buyers might search with the comma. However talk to eBay about this. 

I wouldn't remove them - I reckon add the 1000 too,  I think there would be benefits in having both 1000 and 1,000 in listing title if you can squeeze in

Great pick up and advice by soulyearns 🙂

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply