Listings uploaded by File Exchange has auto enabled "...Woolworths or BIG W with Click & Collect."

For those of you who upload listings through File Exchange, here is a surprise:

ebay automatically enable the check box for

"Buyers can collect the item at Woolworths or BIG W with Click & Collect."

this is really awkward. If you don't know about this please take a look at your listings.

If you do, do you know of a solution, such as which field to turn off this box in the Excel file?

thanks

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Listings uploaded by File Exchange has auto enabled "...Woolworths or BIG W with Click &amp

I thought ebay automtically opted EVERYONE (sellers) in for the click and collect rubbish, and it was up to the sellers who don't want it to opt themselevs out (and check ebay did'nt change it back again, as the have done to my listings,twice)

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Re: Listings uploaded by File Exchange has auto enabled "...Woolworths or BIG W with Click &amp

I'm not sure about doing it via file exchange, but pretty much everyone was auto-opted into the Click & Collect system and anyone who didn't want it had to opt out manually.

There's a global setting under Account > Site preferences where you can opt out entirely so if you do that I would think it would be removed from current listings as well as not appear on any future listings, but you can also adjust specific listings (in case you want it with some and not others), so I would think there must be a way to de-select it via the file exchange option....hopefully someone who knows how will come along. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Just so annoying, I have just relisted some items and I don't seem to be able to change it.

thanks for this info, will try to do it now, but who knows if it will work...

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

just another bs thing that ebay does to the sellers to make it easier for the buyers. Maybe it would be in their interest to create something for the sellers after all if they have no sellers they have no buyers and therefore no revenue....hello....

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I have specifically opted out of Click & Collect.

And I have uploaded listings using File Exchange and the C&C option does not show up on the listing.

So I think I would check the status of your account on this feature. I don't believe its File Exchange doing it.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

By the way general question on using File Exchange to upload listings...

I found that if you use product variations then when you place your images onto a web-based file server somewhere that the main product images (up to 12x) upload properly onto the ebay picture server (EPS) but any images you have used for the variations, eg colours and the like, remain hosted on the external file server where you placed them.

This means you have a mix of image sources on the listing.

It all works OK until some time into the future if you come to make some minor change manually to the listing eg change quantity.

You then get an error message that says you cannot have a mix of image sources and it proceeds to remove all images from the listing with the sole exception of the first main product image. To correct this you then have to manually upload all your pics back to the listing.

I spoke with ebay about this about 6-months ago and they acknowledged the fault and said they would pass it back to their technical team. But of course nothing has happened. I asked them to add a field to the CSV source file so that we can choose whether or not we want all images in the upload to be hosted externally or on the EPS. All from one place or the other.

So I have quit using File Exchange as most of our products have variations with pics. So for this reason it simply does not work for us.

Just wondered if you have seen this 'special feature' and figured out a way around it?

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply