Lost item international carrier

Looking for some advice please. 

I purchased an item from the UK in Nov that has not arrived.  Tracking shows it nearly got to me, but was assessed as having an incorrect address (most likely due to label damage I have been told), so it was apparently being returned to sender. Last known tracking is Adelaide Airport in Dec. 

The seller has been great, he hasn't received it either.  We opened a case with ebay and they have ruled it's still with my carrier and therefore denied a refund.   I contacted Aus Post and was give an email supporting my case saying it is no longer with Aus Post.  I sent this to Ebay as an appeal to their decision, it was denied again.    There is no other way to follow up again. No links, etc. Hours of looking for a phone no etc has led me nowhere.

A second ph call to Aus Post varifies it is not here and therefore they deem it to be lost.  But I have no way of disputing my case with eBay again because there is no way to contact anyone. As a last ditch effort I've sent a fb messenger message saying if I can not be given access to a number to speak with someone I will be left to go through PayPal or the Acc. 

Does the supposed Ebay protection cover seller and buyer? I don't want the seller out of pocket as it's not his fault. But I don't want to be out of pocket either. Any information on where we both stand and how to access help would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Lost item international carrier

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If you paid by Paypal you have 180 days since purchase to open a case for item not received to get a refund.

Do so in their Resolution Centre and upload all the info you have.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply