Managed Payments on Hold Indefinitely Due to a Ebay's Incompetence and System Bug

Hi folks,

I've been having an extremely frustrating experience with eBay's Managed Payments. About a month ago, I've signed up for Managed Payments - I have provided my Australian driver's licence and verified my bank details.  Everything was good and I started receiving payments via MP.

Three days ago, issues started to rise. I received a surprising email ( out of no where, shown below) stating that I did not update my information and my managed payments have been halted. Prior to this email, I did not receive any email or notification at all with regards to updating my information.

So I clicked on the link in the email and it comes with the error on the page: "It's not you, it's us. We having some technical difficulties." So I contacted eBay and they stated there is a technical issue that there was supposed to be a banner on top of the page. I asked them what information do I need to provide and they stated that they didn't know. 

I've been contacting them everyday and they keep stated to click on the banner to update my information. There is no banner or notifications anywhere. Apparently there is a wide-issue bug on the site. I have provided all my details and Driver's ID in the beginning. The eBay team don't even know what information I need to provide! They don't even know what the banner is for.

My account now has a few thousands dollars sitting there for the past few days and I can't even access my funds. It's causing me serious anxiety as I'm dealing with a glitch in the system that is ultimately locking my funds. This has been a really frustrating experience. I'm sorry, but I have to rant about this as I feel hopeless 😞 

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 9.44.13 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 9.58.50 am.png

"

We recently asked you to review and update some details on your eBay account. Looks like you haven't made any updates yet. Your payouts will be on hold until you fix this. You need to do this by 2021-06-15 or you may risk losing your selling privileges.

1. Go to eBay
  2. Follow the instructions in the alert at the top of the page
  3. Once you've made the requested updates, we'll review and then follow up with you."
Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Managed Payments on Hold Indefinitely Due to a Ebay's Incompetence and System Bug

Just imagine the sleepless nights that US seller (or any seller for that matter) would have had, while E-Bay waffles, stumbles on, procrastinates and half the time doesn't even know what the problem seems to be; let alone fix anything in due time !

Meanwhile sellers are expected to put their life/businesses on hold; how is anyone expected to run a business if E-Bay just sits on your money for whatever time they deem necessary; aren't they bound by any existing laws for a turnaround time ?

Probably not; considering something interesting I just found:

eBay Commerce Inc. (“eCI”)
2065 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, CA 95126

Part II (“Additional Terms for Services Provided by eCI”) of these Payments Terms of Use contains an Agreement to Arbitrate which will, with limited exception, require you to submit claims you have against us or our agents to binding and final arbitration, unless you opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate (see Part II, Section 4 (“Legal Disputes”), Subsection B ("Agreement to Arbitrate")). If you do not opt out: (1) you will only be permitted to pursue claims against us or our agents on an individual basis, not as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative action or proceeding and (2) you will only be permitted to seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) on an individual basis.

Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

Re: Managed Payments on Hold Indefinitely Due to a Ebay's Incompetence and System Bug

Hi annieoakley

Thank you for sending me your support via message. I appreciate your words of advice and I am grateful for it.

After 6-7 days of issues, I handled the issue myself. 

There was obviously no banner. So what I did was deleted my bank details and reentered them again via eBay's verification system. The issue suddenly went away and my Payouts started resuming.

There's obviously a bug in eBay's system - I can't believe any of the eBay representatives tried to assist in solving this issue instead of pussyfooting around. They kept stating that the banner should be there when it wasn't - I already verified and was activated with Managed Payouts a month earlier.

Hopefully this will help anyone who encounters this issue in the future. If you receive a random email saying that payouts are blocked and needs updating, delete your bank details and enter them again.

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

namnie
Community Member

Hi Bookattick.aus

I'm in Australia too.  I have not updated my details yet and I am a bit hesitant to so I will wait closer to the deadline.   I absolutely protest about some of the changes they have made to the listing program.   I tried to list a pair of shoes, when it came to postage the auto system nominates $15.75 as the postage rate for a large satchel, I can go and adjust the satchel size but the system only offers medium satchel..........there is such a thing as a small satchel at $9.15 flat rate anywhere in Australia, my shoes will fit into a small satchel a but I cant select it.  I contacted ebay, they put an urgent request in to the web designers, that was 2 weeks ago, nothing has changed!!!!!   It seems they don't understand postage and don't care!  Good luck with sorting it out!

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

I had the same issue a couple of months ago.

Turns out it was all related to my name account details not matching exactly to my nominated bank acc name.

Easy fixed - Never had a issue with Managed Payments since.

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

OMG THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME TOO RIGHT NOW

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

I have been trying to demand to know why they are holding my money due go this same account/banner update issue. Every time after being transferred to the correct department two ,three or five times...they disconnect me!! When I go over the transcript of the chat, it says I ended the chat, and also, the representative can add more text AFTER they cut you off? There was 5 minutes of extra response on my last transcript after I was kicked. eBay should be spelt eVil.

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

We don't get customer service because they don't consider us customers, we are sellers...completely different.We are their warehouse supervising, inventory controlling, refund providing, product hunting, listing bots, nothing more.Now get back to work and don't forget to pay your masters for your servitude 🙂

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

Hi you should attempt to get out in front of this as they will cut off your payouts without warning before June 18th, it has just happened to me and I was given the same deadline. Good luck

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

Absolutely losing over this. I have been in contact with ebay. 45 minutes once and another 25 minutes. No solution.  I have a partnership with my husband. A silent partner only because if i die he can take over the business and sell the assets. They now say that my payment until I fill out a form that he has to sign (how will they know it is him) I fear they will then ask for identification etc and then do a check and this will go on for months like when I had to sing up for managed payments. The sting is I have told them that they are holding my money to ransom. it is not technically their money. they have no right! i am ransomed to do what ever they want or I don't get my money. The real problem is the form ....when i click on the link it says well that's embarrassing and there is no form.  I asked them to email it to me but they said it is computer generated and they can not do that. despite two attempts of technical contacts to fix still not done. i am at the end of my tether. I said i accept defeat i have to fill out the form because that is what you do when held to ransom yo9u do what you are told but I can not fill out a form that they can not give me!

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

I know. Same here. But even when you fill out the form nothing happens either. I filled out the form and uploaded it four times already. Still no payout after a week,

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply