Managed Payments on Hold Indefinitely Due to a Ebay's Incompetence and System Bug

Hi folks,

I've been having an extremely frustrating experience with eBay's Managed Payments. About a month ago, I've signed up for Managed Payments - I have provided my Australian driver's licence and verified my bank details.  Everything was good and I started receiving payments via MP.

Three days ago, issues started to rise. I received a surprising email ( out of no where, shown below) stating that I did not update my information and my managed payments have been halted. Prior to this email, I did not receive any email or notification at all with regards to updating my information.

So I clicked on the link in the email and it comes with the error on the page: "It's not you, it's us. We having some technical difficulties." So I contacted eBay and they stated there is a technical issue that there was supposed to be a banner on top of the page. I asked them what information do I need to provide and they stated that they didn't know. 

I've been contacting them everyday and they keep stated to click on the banner to update my information. There is no banner or notifications anywhere. Apparently there is a wide-issue bug on the site. I have provided all my details and Driver's ID in the beginning. The eBay team don't even know what information I need to provide! They don't even know what the banner is for.

My account now has a few thousands dollars sitting there for the past few days and I can't even access my funds. It's causing me serious anxiety as I'm dealing with a glitch in the system that is ultimately locking my funds. This has been a really frustrating experience. I'm sorry, but I have to rant about this as I feel hopeless 😞 

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 9.44.13 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 9.58.50 am.png

"

We recently asked you to review and update some details on your eBay account. Looks like you haven't made any updates yet. Your payouts will be on hold until you fix this. You need to do this by 2021-06-15 or you may risk losing your selling privileges.

1. Go to eBay
  2. Follow the instructions in the alert at the top of the page
  3. Once you've made the requested updates, we'll review and then follow up with you."
Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Managed Payments on Hold Indefinitely Due to a Ebay's Incompetence and System Bug

@seafolly - perhaps you should stop selling on this account and set up a new account which can be run as an individual.

One would have though that they had sorted out these issues by now considering it's been rolling out across the world for a couple of years now. 😞

It's seriously pathetic and what's worse is that CS is useless.

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

Re: Managed Payments on Hold Indefinitely Due to a Ebay's Incompetence and System Bug

I wonder how easy it would be to change your account from a partnership to a sole trader ? I have considered doing this to resolve this payout hold situation. 

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

Three cheers for Knewdoors could not have said it better I have many thousands of dollars

in rare coins i want to sell , being an ebay member since 2008 and not sold for five plus 

years i thought i would start selling again , I had to update all my bank details eg micro 

deposits (small amounts) in and out of my bank account to verify all other stuff as well

I get an email back all good to start listing to sell

So i start  a rare coin for auction $20.00 . Auction closed the winning bidder paid instantly

I get an email back saying funds on hold for 21 days what the ....... how long has this been

going on,

5 yrs ago i received payment within 2-4 days with sold items  BYE BYE BYE ebay

hello GUMTREE

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

How long has it been going on the eBay hold funds for those they consider new sellers?

Many, many years

Since you have not sold for five years, you too are considered new

No matter how much you sold prior to those fives years

BTW, I have been an eBay member since 2005, have far more feedback on my selling account and I too would be 'new' if I were to return to selling now

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

As you haven't sold for 5 years, ebay sees you as being a new seller again. The hold is only for 3 months or until you can prove yourself to them (with regular successful sales). Once tracking shows as delivered, you should be able to call them and they'll release the funds early.

Not sure why you'd announce you're going to the ebay owned gumtree to sell coins. Not a good market for them there at all. Believe me, I've tried. No need to announce you're leaving at all. No one cares, least of all ebay. Did you think ebay would beg you to stay?

Spoiler
What you have listed, I wouldn't exactly call them "rare", even your round 50c. Way over priced too.
Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

LOL,  there are about 100 ad's on Ebay for your ''rare'' coin,  must be very rare or a lot of fakes.

the 21 day hold for new sellers, like yourself, has been around just as long as your rare coin,  in fact if I recall right it's even in the T&C's, which I am sure you would have agreed to and read.

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

Totally agree, just another example of ebay ripping of the sellers, the people who make the place tick over.

Respect your sellers ebay .

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

Tell eBay

They do not read here no matter how many times you post the same complaint 

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

@seadweller007 wrote:

Totally agree, just another example of ebay ripping of the sellers, the people who make the place tick over.

Respect your sellers ebay .

And how many sellers do you think would be still here if the buyers leave?

Without buyers there would be no ebay either.

Let's get real here....ebay can only function if there are both buyers and sellers.

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

Doesn’t work, on hold for two weeks no, ticket raised apparently (REQ000003098323) and one agent told me it’s quite common, no solution, meanwhile funds on hold continue to grow.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply