Maybe need to upgrade my listings

After looking at this item 223857037059 and her other listings I now know what I am doing wrong,obviously a coat hanger just doesn't cut it.What do you think?

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Now ...... where can I find a model to make our stamps look that good?
Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Not even the mens shirts?

What mens shirts?

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:

Ivory Coast 2003.

Or Finland 2014, if that's your poison.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

@joztamps wrote:

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:

Ivory Coast 2003.

Or Finland 2014, if that's your poison.

I was thinking more of a generic model to "display" the stamps.

Finland is definitely different - you wouldn't see that on Australian stamps!

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

@jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

Yes she is selling a lot her,prices aren't really that cheap,yes there are a lot of skanky ads out there two labels spring to mind. My daughter and daughter in law who are no prudes thought her listings disgusting not artistic and she should be reported.I am not being the fun police but really would you want your daughter to put listings like that up,I think she has crossed the line.

Everyone to their own. I can see why people would feel that way, its just not on my worry meter. ( live and let live unless its affecting me )  One of the images that I thought was particularly artistic was item number 223654127496, a bodysuit photograph. Sure it could be classed as just a pervometer shot, but if you look past that its actually a very clever, artistic, beautiful photograph.

I must be getting old. While others see raunchy photos, I,m admiring the artistic talents of the photographer..........Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

I was trying to think what the image would be and was surprised to see it was the same one I noticed earlier. I like the way they have used shadowing in the photo.

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

I liked the shadowing too. It is shot in very bright sunlight giving strong contrast with the light background and very clear definition of the very artistically posed model. All up a very high quality photo for an ebay listing and beats the heck out of hanging the clothes on the back of the bedroom door. Sure the photos are bit on the raunchy side, but no different to what is in glossy magazines or other web sites. Personally I admire the effort the seller has gone to.

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

After looking at the link item in particular, I guess I am showing my age as my first thought wasn't about the ad being raunchy but more on the lines of, "Really, girlie, that is NOT a good look, highlighting your freckly thigh and backside."

I opened a couple of other ads too and okay, I know I am not the target audience & these sorts of ads might appeal to a younger audience, but to me, several of the photos were blurry and very few of them showed the items in the detail I'd want to see. The concentration seemed to be on her as model material and 'artistic' shots, rather than the garment. Personally, I thought it might be so that young customers were so taken up with 'the look' that they might not notice the inflated prices.

To each his own I suppose, but I've seen much more appealingly posed ads, much more artistically done, elsewhere.

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

I'm not going to look! I'm not interested anyway but I don't want to be seeing ads and getting ebay emails for 'similar items' for the next umpteen weeks!
Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Flesh sells !  On a collegues store who sells clothes, all the listings with a model dressed in the products receives four times the views than a static product.  Buyers want to see what the apparel looks like on a person to see how they themselves look wearing the garment.  The more flesh the better and especially anything to do with swim suits, both female and male !

In our store we include photos of the product installed and in use so buyers get similar perspective.  Ditch the coathangers folks...

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply