Meaning of strange feedback just a .

Had a strange feedback, just a . On checking as I thought they had just made a mistake but this buyer usually leaves just a dot, there were 100 or more of them, with a few comments sometimes thrown in. Suppose I was lucky it was still a positive. Then I figured they must think a dot is good, maybe I was just so good there were no words good enough to describe the experience with me... so I did they same for them. After all it does look so good on my feedback. Needless to say I think after writing this maybe I had better put them on that magic naughty list we all have. lolSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I've had that before, and just assumed they were letting me know they received it without 'putting any work in'
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Nothing to worry about. Some people don't leave comments for whatever the reason. I've had lots of dots, dashes, single letters. When I check they've given me 5 stars, so I'm not worried. You got a positive. That's all that matters. 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

How can I see how many stars an individual buyer has left please?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/feedback/scores-reputation.html

View your seller dashboard - and click appropriate arrows to 'expand;...then download, to see who wasn't happy
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Sellers usually whinge about no feedback. Or less than positive.

You're considering blocking them because they left you a positive with, effectively, no comment? As in, the comment field CAN'T be left blank.

Are you selling things or feedback? Seriously?

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

as everyone else has already said - i wouldn't worry about it at all - it's a positive. plus, we shouldn't be selling things just for feedback.

i'll share an experience i had with a buyer who always left "." on positive feedback (screenshot attached). they'd conducted a LOT of transactions - and chances are they left feedback all at once and couldn't be bothered writing something for everyone.

i did note though that occasionally they would write something in there if they had a problem with the transaction - ie "it came late, otherwise all good."

then, to my surprise (they were a regular buyer from me) they once left feedback which said "best seller" and i thought it was amazing i'd gotten more than a dot from them. 

certainly not worth adding to your blocked list. it defeats the purpose of why we're here :] 

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

As others have mentioned, most people who leave this feedback are doing so because they (generally) feel like they have to leave feedeback, but don't have anything in particular to say, and don't like feeling obliged to write something (this is my personal interpretation, based on what I've observed, anyway). 

It can come across a bit like a tight-lipped "no comment", though, so I also understand why it can be a less than desirable addition to a seller's feedback profile - the first one I ever got put me off-side a little, because it seemed strange to me to go to the effort of leaving feedback, but just leaving it at that... (this is in the context of knowing A or - for super special sellers - A+ takes just about the same amount of effort and actually conveys something, and for me, all I have to do is type one letter and use auto-fill to do the rest, while leaving FB in bulk - as in, I can hit one key, click one button and leave a several-word FB comment for 50 people at once, so I don't quite get the resentment and / or aversion to giving a little context to FB). 

But, at least it isn't like some of the comments I have seen over the years, where people are actually angry at eBay / the seller for them feeling obliged to leave FB and make nasty comments to that effect, rather than keep their mouth shut with " . " Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL

(Interesting note, on another site I sell, people aren't limited to 80 characters, but they can also just leave a rating without a comment, an option a lot of people seem to like. The odd few will write a full-on review, several sentences long etc, but the majority are tired of writing the same stuff over and over again). 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Hi, I am not worried about it thanks, so sorry if I conveyed that idea. I really liked the idea that there are not enough great words to describe the experience of dealing with me lol. I did write the post as a light hearted moment, but thought maybe the buyer would not see it as such. By the way I looked up in my seller dashboard, but am I supposed to see the actual stars each seller leaves? as I cannot find that. I an only find my total average feedback. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Go to your seller dashboard and then click on the detailed seller ratings report

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply