Money Back Guarantee Policy

I am a casual eBay seller basically just selling my unwanted items (mainly collectables).  I have ended all my items so that I can assess the impact of the new money back guarantee policy. If I only sell items for 'Pickup Only' (either by cash or paypal), does the new policy still apply even though I make sure the buyer is fully satisfied with the item on pickup?

Regards

Message 1 of 85
Latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: Money Back Guarantee Policy

Back pedal.

What you posted is on the thread for all to see. 

What I posted re your advice is also on this thread.

Message 81 of 85
Latest reply

Ah another, I think heโ€™s wrong, so Iโ€™ll assert he is wrong, but I wonโ€™t provide anything remotely intelligent as to why I say he is wrong, because, in my mind, I really donโ€™t know why, so a simply rely on "it there fro all to see" without actually articulating waht there is to see..

I mean in one post I said โ€œI agreed with solution, but as decisions under the Guarantee are made by eBay (no PayPal) and as eBay and PayPal are separate legal entities, and as eBay is not a financial institution let alone a member of the Ombudsman Service, should the seller lodged have a complaint with the FOS, both eBay and PayPal would have responded by saying, โ€œas the decision was made by eBay, and as eBay is neither a financial institution or a member, the complaint falls outside of the Ombudsman jurisdiction". 

So how does โ€œThat is though eBay is not a financial institution, PayPal is.  Therefore, though you canโ€™t lodge a complaint with the FOS against eBay decision, if you can find some way of tying PayPal to the decision, then it becomes a joint decision, and as one of the entities who made it was a member financial institution, that bring it within the jurisdiction of the FOS.

Now previously I recommendation this may only be possible if you actually revoked consent.  However it now appear the FOS may be being โ€œliberalโ€ in its interpretation of what constitutes a โ€œdecisionโ€, to include the mere fact that they simply handed over the money.

As far as I can see all I have done is accepted that there may be another way to bring the decision within the jurisdiction to the ombudsman.  That is, aside from revoking the consent, another way of achieving the same resuolt may be to simply tell PayPal you disagree with eBay decision, which may effectively block eBay ability to hand over the money to ebay.  That is two different pathways to achieve the same outcome, get PayPal to make a decision which the seller can lodge a complaint with the ombudsman.

Oh I see simply acknowledging that someone may have come up with another way to achieve the same outcome is a โ€œBig back peddleโ€.

Message 82 of 85
Latest reply

Back pedal.

Foolish advice given to others.

Message 83 of 85
Latest reply

Message 84 of 85
Latest reply

They dont charge a fee for the service because they are forcing sellers to make full repayments on the guarantee to buyers without any recompense in return.
Message 85 of 85
Latest reply