Money on hold

HI cant get thru to a real person. I havent sold anything in years. I sold an item of clothing 20 May and see money on hold. I got the micro amounts into my bank account but not the buyers money. I have sent if of with Australia post and tracking number. I haven't received any money. I am unemployed and need this money. I have paid out prepaid envelope $9.30 plus fee and havent received a thing. I am so upset about this but more that I can't speak to anybody not even a chat line that can I find only a robot assistant. What is this about a transaction account. Do I have to open one to get a lousy $17.00. Very upset? Can someone tell me what happens when the parcel arrive and what if I still dont get money.  I am getting asked for feedback and I haven't received anything !

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Money on hold

Because you haven't used that account for years ebay are treating it as a new account. I've just started using an old account and had the funds from the first sale on hold. Unfortunately you'll just have to be patient and wait for the funds to be released.

This may help....  https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payouts-hold?id=4816

The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Its gets Better they also introduced Tracking Payment Holds.

Read up on those that will also impact your selling experience.

All in all the Managed Payments are working well for me.

Cheers Happy selling

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

That only applies if a seller doesn't upload tracking for listings advertising tracked postage. If the OP uploads tracking, it will not apply.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Have you actually entered the micro deposit figures into the Managed Payments registration section?

Money will still be on hold for a period of time due to you being an infrequent seller.

If you look in the seller hub, under the Payments tab, it will give you the date when the funds will be available. (assuming you are fully signed up)

Have you entered the tracking number into the transaction?

I believe the tracking has to show delivered for the funds to be released.

Why did you send the item with free postage? You won't be getting $17.00 - you'll be getting less than $10 on this after fees and subsidising the postage out of your own pocket. Hardly worth it.

Chat line is only open during business hours and is easily accessible. Chat can't help you with the basic stuff like reading through the sellers guide to inform yourself about payments etc, under the new system.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Because you haven't used that account for years ebay are treating it as a new account. I've just started using an old account and had the funds from the first sale on hold. Unfortunately you'll just have to be patient and wait for the funds to be released.

This may help....  https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payouts-hold?id=4816

The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Its gets Better they also introduced Tracking Payment Holds.

Read up on those that will also impact your selling experience.

All in all the Managed Payments are working well for me.

Cheers Happy selling

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

That only applies if a seller doesn't upload tracking for listings advertising tracked postage. If the OP uploads tracking, it will not apply.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Hi, did you end up getting the money? I'm experiencing the same issue..

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Do you have managed payments set up correctly.  As a infrequent seller payments will be on hold anyway for up to 30 days. 

Things on Ebay change fairly frequently and it pays to check prior to listing

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

leyno
Community Member

After 20+ years of selling on eBay - with no issues - today, 15th June 2022, with the latest items I have sold, those payments have been put on hold. Talked to assistant via chat, but that made no sense at all of why they have done that. Tracking numbers have always been uploaded as soon as item has been posted off. Also now having to get extra verification to sign into my account - either via sms or security code sent to email. And also received this vie ebay messaging system - '

We have important account updates to share with you. We have enhanced your account security and added the ability for on-demand payout. There is no action for you to take right now. You will start to receive simple, routine requests for further authentication as you continue selling on eBay.
More details on what’s changed:
Your account with eBay has now been updated to a payment account, as further described in our Payment Terms of Use. As a result, enhanced security procedures have been applied to your account. These are required under the revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2). As a result, you may be subject to additional verification, including by asking you to re-enter your login credentials or a one-time code sent to you via SMS when you undertake certain activities on eBay.
You now also have the ability to request payouts of your available funds on-demand, as well as having them sent on a set schedule. You can request an on-demand payout in the Payments section of Seller Hub or My eBay.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Have you registered for Managed Payments?

If you’ve not sold anything for a while, you will be considered a new seller with the commensurate payments on hold… but first you must make sure you’ve gone through the registration process for Managed Payments.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply