My Over-dependency on Free Listings

I'm not a "store owner" but thanks to regular "free listings" and the ability to "re-list up to 3 times" by the end of August my "items for sale" were in access of 250 listings and sales were better than ever. 

At the beginning of September I had an issue with PayPal which left me with no choice but to "end" all my listings. Naturally of course the PayPal issue was fixed the very next day. 😞

I had to start again from scratch with my September allotment of 40 free listings. Now I find myself checking the boards on a daily basis chasing those FREE LISTINGS just to get things back to my new normal. 

Unfortunately I've become a "free listing junkie" waiting for the next hit. 😄

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: My Over-dependency on Free Listings

Be aware that the 5c is only for 'media' categories. Most other categories are $1.50 if you go over the 400.

You do know that the moment you open a store we'll get another 500 freebies?  Smiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

@englishrosegardens wrote:

Be aware that the 5c is only for 'media' categories. Most other categories are $1.50 if you go over the 400.

You do know that the moment you open a store we'll get another 500 freebies?  Smiley Frustrated

I thought the Fixed Price insertion fee for a Basic Store is $0.50? Or am I wrong?

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

Seems my prayers have been answered with no less than 3 new threads on it. 😄

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

Me too,  just found them down the bottom. Who needs a store, good for holiday mode or categories, but I will stick to the non store method.

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

We better get busy    Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

@tomtek_outdoors wrote:

@englishrosegardens wrote:

I thought the Fixed Price insertion fee for a Basic Store is $0.50? Or am I wrong?

Yes, you're wrong.  You need to look up the fees to see what they are in your categories.

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

Fixed price listings in basic store are 50c (unless media which is 5c)

New Pictureff.jpg

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

I thought auction listings with a store in the collectable category was free, or is that costing for when you run out of free listings?

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

From sj's postings here they are a bookseller, which is why I noted the 5c for over free listings with a store. I could be wrong, as I have not actually looked at sj's listings, but it is a reasonable assumption.

And the rest, if I am correct, is just fluff.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

tippy, auction listings for collectables are free if they're part of your normal freebies, but if they're extra to your allowance you pay $1.50. That's what I was thinking of when I said what I did earlier. Just as well cats was on the ball. It's a long time since I've gone over my store allowance, and it's a long time since I've done any store auctions, even though I could do them for free if I wanted to.

dave, I think I looked at sj's listings and saw they weren't books, which is why I said what I did (in error, as it turns out).
Message 20 of 24
Latest reply