My buyer said they never received product they purchased from me. I sent it AP with tracking and sig

mipod00
Community Member

My buyer said they never received the item they purchased from me. I sent it AP with tracking. It showed it was in transit but never delivered. AP ended up refunding and I refunded the buyer her full amount which left me out of pocket some $18 as the total sale was over $100. 

Some weeks later I noticed the buyer has sold the exact same product on Ebay. I am very suspicious as this product is extremely hard to find.  I have not notified Ebay or AP as of course I can't prove anything.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: My buyer said they never received product they purchased from me. I sent it AP with tracking and

As you issued a full refund, I would contact eBay to receive a credit of your final value fee (FVF). Is this part of the $18 you mentioned?

It is possible that AP delivered your package without obtaining a signature or making a final scan and your buyer has taken advantage of this. It can happen during peak periods.

Is there anyway of knowing that the product sold was your exact one?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Re: My buyer said they never received product they purchased from me. I sent it AP with tracking and

I would be letting ebay know about this.  Send an email, they will keep an eye on them.

Honestly this place is turning into shop lifters paradise.

How dreadful for you.

I would be leaving a follow up to the feedback you left for them.... Put their ID in too ...

'Name' claimed tracked item not received. Refunded.  

If all sellers did this, there would soon be a pattern to these scammers feedback pages, for all to see.

What is the point of paying for all these AusPost extras, when they don't mean a thing.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay does seem to be making it so much easier for online shoplifters these days, they openly encourage returns and spurious INR claims. It seems they do everything but carry the parcels out the door for them, oh wait....if you use Ebay shipping labels, they do that too, and charge us sellers for the privilege.  If it wasn't so tragic, it might just be funny.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for commenting.  I sent a message to the buyer congratulating them on the sale. They admitted after I had refunded the money AP contacted them advising they had found the parcel.  The buyer said because of the time lapse they no longer had my details.  

It was only a few weeks and with all the communication through EBAY and Paypal the buyer definitely had my details.

They have offered to refund the cost price

@green-gifts-mkd wrote:

As you issued a full refund, I would contact eBay to receive a credit of your final value fee (FVF). Is this part of the $18 you mentioned?

It is possible that AP delivered your package without obtaining a signature or making a final scan and your buyer has taken advantage of this. It can happen during peak periods.

of the product.   I am more than $80 out of pocket, there was the $18 shortful with the refund from AP plus the money I paid to buy the product.

I would have been happy to pay the return postage to get the product back but instead the buyer kept it and resold it.  I will bring it to attention of EBAY.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Bit confused.

Buyer paid you, you sent.

Lost according AP, AP refund you which you pass on to buyer. You are $18 out of pocket due to not having extra insurance

Parcel then turns up. So buyer has a refund plus the item, (which they may no longer need if they have bought a replacement elsewhere)

Who's scamming who. Seems AP are the ones out of pocket due to not getting signature as contracted to, and eventually delivering late.

What has original cost of item got to with it, You still have buyers money for item sold. $18 short is due to not getting extra cover over $100.

Am I making a wrong assumption somewhere here?

As you filed lost item claim you can follow up and ask if, and when delivered,. AP will know they paid out, they will also know if they subsequently delivered late. That is their problem not yours.

I have items turn up way after AP compensated (in the old days when they did more freely)

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@green-gifts-mkd wrote:

FVF refunds are for cancelled transactions not lost items that AP have compensated for

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

If AP delivered late then it is possible this action shows on tracking after case was resolved.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply