My first ever defect, and the buyer didn't do it.

5kazam
Community Member

Sold an item recently.  Buyer was coming down from NSW to Vic, and we agreed item could be picked up when she was ready to do so.  Many emails back and forth, exhchange of phone numbers, etc. etc.

Item picked up, buyer very happy, left glowing feedback.

Then I find I have a defect for - Item not as described, Commucation, Postage costs.  ???  If item NAD on pick up - don't take with you. Communication - as said emails, phone no's etc,   Postage Costs - well excuse me, there aren't any on pick up.  And those are the the 3 defect issues.

Spoke to the buyer today, and she advised that she gives feedback, but does not EVER go near the stars.  Figures giving good FB is all she needs to do.  The buyer has asked me to give her a couple of days to sort this out with eBay, as she has just had a new grandson (congratulations!!).

But how can this happen?  My buyer is as astounded about this as I am.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I Phone issue has been going on for nearly 12 months now.  Ebay reckons there is nothing wrong with the app BUT I Phone ownerw will tell them otherwise.

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

I'm glad you posted here sparrow2207.

I've never experienced this before, but if my buyer and her friend state that using an I Phone has resulted in unwarranted defects, then I believe other sellers should take note - even if eBay thinks everything is okay.  

Small PS here : my defect was supposed to be removed within 24hrs of my buyers phone call on the 13th of Oct.  Didn't happen. Waited for new evaluation of 20th Oct.  Didn't happen.  Another phone call from eBay (I use call back).  Finally removed on the 23rd. Original CS person didn't follow through as he/she was supposed to.  Another for sellers to keep their eyes open for - defects not being removed when you're advised they will be.  Pretty slack IMO.

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply