My listings are being changed by Ebay

bjlcr
Community Member

I know it's strange but my listings are being changed by  Ebay,

I always ask for instant payment and no pick up and usually international postage.

On checking some listings I found .Collection only,No International Post and no instant, Paypal payment

I keep changing listings back and they get reversed again.

Its not all listings just a few at a time.

Is someone on ebay playing tricks.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Would it be happening to the listings that have best offer in them?

Some of your listings are confusing for example they have click and collect plus you say payment within 4 days so how can you have instant payment as well all in the same listing?

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I randomly clicked on some of your listings, the Springsteen record that recently relisted (with the damaged cover), it showed as you want it too, immediate payment, no local pick up and worldwide postage (with exclusions). Same for the Neil Diamond photo, ready for framing.

The Neil Diamond rare fan club photo showed immediate payment, international postage, and local pick up.

The Jazz Singer shows worldwide postage, no local pick up, no immediate payment. You have listed in the payment instructions that bank deposit is preferred, but you only have PayPal as a payment option.

Paul Simon and Randy Newman seems to be how you want it.

I have no idea why eBay takes it upon themselves to change listings. Not long ago, they kept adding best offer to people's listing, and would even go so far as to set an auto accept amount, which was often 50% of the asking price. You could try calling them and asking them to stop it, but not sure how well that would work.

Just as an aside, you mention in your listings that bank deposit is preferred. Yet, you want everything as immediate payment. You can't have bank deposit as immediate payment. You don't even seem to have it as a payment option, so it could be a good idea to remove that bit from listings that are for immediate payment. Even your auctions don't have bank deposit as an option. Not trying to be nasty, just an observation.

I hope you can get it sorted. Good luck with it!

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I have ebay changing items on a new account of mine and my sons account.

They have changed nearly every item with accepting offers - even $3 items. How stupid.

I would only accept offers if an item is around $40 or more - not $3.

It is such a pain editing each one.

They have no right to do that.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

have you been on 'live chat' about it? Then you get a written record of what their explanation is....just in case
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Perhaps it's not ebay. go to account settings>site preferences

scroll down to Third-party authorisations

See if there is anything there that is not expected. Lithium technologies is part of ebay, everything else should be just ebay unless you have courier companies there that you have authorised to import orders. Here's mine:

ebay ( created 02-Feb-19) Revoke this authorisation

eBay Bulk Listing Management ( created 04-Feb-19) Revoke this authorisation

eBay Inc ( created 04-Feb-19) Revoke this authorisation

eBay Business Policies Management 2 ( created 09-Feb-19) Revoke this authorisation

Transdirect ( created 12-Feb-19) - Transdirect Revoke this authorisation

eBay UPIA ( created 17-Feb-19) Revoke this authorisation

DHL eCommerce ( created 22-Feb-19) - DHL eCommerce Revoke this authorisation

Australia Post ( created 26-Feb-19) - Australia Post MyPost Business Revoke this authorisation

eBay Business Policies Management ( created 13-Mar-19) Revoke this authorisation

ebay Inc ( created 23-Apr-19) Revoke this authorisation

eBay Australia ( created 15-May-19) - the eBay AU Seller Portal Revoke this authorisation

inkFrog inc. ( created 30-May-19) - inkFrog Inc. Revoke this authorisation

eBay , Inc. ( created 10-Jul-19) Revoke this authorisation

Lithium Technologies, Inc ( created 17-Jul-19) Revoke this authorisation

Lithium Technologies, Inc ( created 20-Jul-19) Revoke this authorisation

Inkfrog is authorised by me, it is a third party site that helps me manage listings, but it kept messing up my postage policies until I asked them to disable that function. It kept reverting them to default.

Feel free to post your list if you are unsure.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I should clarify that it wasn't someone at inkfrog messing with my policies, their system was automatically disabling the policies when it detected a change on ebay as a precaution. It's a good idea that just doesn't work for me, so they turned that function off.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I hate ebay with a passion but I have other platforms and ebay is the only platform that is doing well enough lol so I have to stick with ebay.

One platform that I'm also on for the past 3 years has so many views but no sales and everything is way cheaper than ebay but for some reason buyers are too afraid to purchase even though it's basically the same as ebay lol.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

If your items are cheaper on the other site and you're not selling anything, you've got nothing to lose by raising your prices. A lot of people are suspicious of cheap prices and with a lot of products they'd wonder whether it's a scam if they're too cheap, or whether the seller is incompetent. The only real bargains that don't make people suspicious is when someone is obviously cleaning out their house and just wants things gone.
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

No the other site doesn't have any buyers no matter what the prices are lol,I have put the prices up and put the prices down over the years to test things out and not one bite.

Other sellers over there haven't sold anything either and they all have great items no matter what the price is.

I'm not that fussed about that site now as it was an alternative to ebay due to being banned on ebay (most members here know what my situation was).

I'm just saying that what ebay did to me I'll never forgive them even though it was finally sorted after 3 long years lol.

My point is that ebay are the only platform that works as the sales are sky rocketing but it's a mystery why other sites don't get the same exposure?

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply