NSW proof of age card for managed payments

lynda_g
Community Member

Has anyone had any success getting ebay to accept the NSW proof of age card as a valid form of ID for the new managed payments system? If so how did you go about this? I have had the restriction put on my account due to not providing a valid ID. However the fact that they list "other form of Govt issued ID" as an option for proving identity on their site would make me think that legally they would have to accept this ID. I have emailed ebay but so far they wont budge. I find the fact they had my ID to validate weeks before I sold anything, and they let me list items unacceptable. They waited until an item sold and after the buyer paid within 20 seconds they restricted my account and are now holding my money. Any smilar experiences? Thanks for any help!!!!

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: NSW proof of age card for managed payments

lynda_g
Community Member
I'm curious why they are accepting some nsw photo cards for some sellers? I've uploaded mine and they rejected it and have kept my $$ but other people have used it and the money is going to their bank account. Wonder if its dependent on who checks the ID?
Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

I am unfamiliar with NSW cards, but if there is a back side you need to upload both sides ?

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I didn't read back through

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

Photo cards are a similar set up as a license so only the front needs to been shown

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

Ok I'm now wondering if it has anything to do with uploading from a phone compared to a PC being the reason why some people are being rejected?

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

@lynda_g wrote:
I'm curious why they are accepting some nsw photo cards for some sellers? I've uploaded mine and they rejected it and have kept my $$ but other people have used it and the money is going to their bank account. Wonder if its dependent on who checks the ID?

I looked into this last year - not sure if this will help, but there are two numbers on a NSW POA card - the card number and the PC number.

I'm pretty sure the PC number is what you need to enter, if that will make a difference - the card number is specific to that issue of the card, the PC number links to you and doesn't change when you get a new card. 

ETA - are eBay actually accepting scans of cards now? Or is it still only entering numbers from the ID? 

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@lynda_g wrote:

I looked into this last year - not sure if this will help, but there are two numbers on a NSW POA card - the card number and the PC number.

I'm pretty sure the PC number is what you need to enter, if that will make a difference - the card number is specific to that issue of the card, the PC number links to you and doesn't change when you get a new card. 

ETA - are eBay actually accepting scans of cards now? Or is it still only entering numbers from the ID? 

I had to input my 6 digit licence #

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

lynda_g
Community Member
I took a photo of front and back of mine via phone. I wonder if it is the pc number? I may have entered the card number. Either way it has no option now to reload it so I think the account is stuck in limbo and whoever is withholding the funds still has them. Thanks so much to everyone for trying to help with this!!
Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

lynda_g
Community Member
Guys good news! They seem to have added an option for proof of age card today. I provided a scan...not a photo and they have accepted it!! When I provided a photo they said it wasn't clear enough...anyway will see if I start getting payouts now
Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

Just did a bit of googling - looks like the PC number is the one that remains constant, so that would be the one to be entered for Adyen I assume

index.jpg

NSW Photo Card - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org โ€บ wiki โ€บ NSW_Photo_Card

There are three numbers on the photo card, that could cause confusion: First the photo card number (PC Number) on the front centre-left. This number does not change even after re-issue. Second there is a card number on the front top, and finally a number on the rear, top left.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply