Need help identifying this

pnc75
Community Member

IMG_2407.JPGIMG_2409.JPG

It has measurements on the side that go to 12 cups, but there's no way it would hold 12 cups. I'm wondering whether it's used to measure amount of powder or ingredient to mix with up to 12 cups of water / liquid? 

I have NO idea

TIA

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

12 cups is 96 fluid ounces in US terms. Are you sure it says g?
Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Have you tried googling? I'm not sure what you'd search for though.
Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

Google the image
Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

@joztampswrote:
Google the image

I already tried - no luck

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

@imastawkawrote:

@joztampswrote:
Google the image

I already tried - no luck

Ditto!

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Ditto too

No luck with TinEye either 

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

A friend suggested it is similar to something they have, part of a coffee grinder.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Same here.  Was told it's the bottom of a coffee grinder (from someone who has one exactly the same).  Makes sense - the cups are how many cups of coffee it makes.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

Could be a Gaggia coffee grinder bean hopper?

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

Well thank you all for your help. You have been wonderful, including someone who also pm'ed me.

You're right! It is the bottom of a coffee grinder, now I just have to find the brand. You have no idea how many photos I've googled and perused, both before posting and since! 

If you're interested in the back story - son-in-law gave it to me to sell for him. he was adamant it was part of a Breville Juicer. Since I've previously owned a Breville juicer I knew that wasn't correct. Hence - first lot of googling photos, of all sorts of weird things!

Then yesterday after some of your replies, I emailed off to him - ahh, yes, I remember now, it was part of the coffee machine. More photo googling ensued.

And today, I now know it's a coffee grinder part, and been doing more googling but no luck, and I'll bet my bottom $ he doesn't remember the brand! 

Thanks again to you all for your help - you are all truly amazing people.

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply