Need help with description of a power cable

pnc75
Community Member

Hi all, back again for help; this time for a power cable. I know absolutely nothing about these sorts of things and am wondering what the important information is that I need to identify and put in the listing.

It's made by Lineteck and I'll attach some photos with the markings. Also, I know one end is 2 prong / pin, but have no idea how to describe the other end. It is 2 M long, which I know needs to be included. 

I'd be very grateful for any help at all, and apologies for being ignorant about such matters! 😀IMG_4017.jpegIMG_4018.jpegIMG_4019.jpeg 

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Need help with description of a power cable

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

Canon.

images (6) - 2023-04-17T162644.043.jpeg

That plug ain't gunna fit anything I own. My power points are cringing at that 2 prong plug thingy. Certainly not going to fit anything in Australia, that's for sure. My power points are 3 prongs.

As mentioned earlier - the only question was the 2 point (female) plug on the left - the pic was simply found to point to this.

And - please note - the pic given by the OP - as with most appliances now - has only 2 prongs - I feel sorry for your power points. LOL

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

Thank you, cam, that was very helpful. Another silly question though, it has 7.5A at the male end and 2.5A at the female end. Should I mention that? (As I don't really know what it means - I guess i have a rough idea but don't know how to put it into words😄)

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

Many thanks, gp. 

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

So something like this?

Fully moulded power cable

Linetek 2 Prong / Pin Male Plug

IEC C7 Figure 8 female socket power cable 

7.5A 250V 

2 Metres 

Male to Female

Black 

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

@pnc75 wrote:

Thank you, cam, that was very helpful. Another silly question though, it has 7.5A at the male end and 2.5A at the female end. Should I mention that? (As I don't really know what it means - I guess i have a rough idea but don't know how to put it into words😄)

Hi  PNC    here is a jaycar listing,  in specifications they have  2.5A  as the  AC Current rating.

The general listing might assist with description.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/2pin-fig-8-mains-plug-to-iec-c7-female-1-8m-figure-8/p/PS4115

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

Many thanks, gp. It's so hard when you have no idea what to do, so sincerely appreciate your time & help. 

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

No it is not 7.5A,  it is the lowest figure which you have said is 2.5A.

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

Thank you for that. And thank you for your time and help. Very much appreciated. 

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

The photo shows 7.5A on the mains plug but - importantly - 2.5A on the C7 (the figure 8 bit) … and that defines the requirement. This sort of lead is used for low-power appliances.

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

Many thanks, sugar. Your time and support is greatly appreciated. 

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply