Negative feedback, what to do ?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The line I have got from ebay now ... is that to be removed the comment must include reference to an "outcome" of an investigation.

Pffffft

IMO the feedback removal poilcy is becoming more and more subjective as the days go by.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I am a bit at a loss as what to do re our charimg buyer, this matter is in fact in the hands of the fair trading as stated in feedback. This person is without a doubt the worst we have encountered.

We have offered everything to this person well  beyond fair tradings expectation and still it goes on, must have gotten the fair trading ruling today and decided to lash out.

What reply would you suggest and what action  regarding revision would you take ? Or should we just cop it.

Thank you

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I would ring ebay and request removal on grounds of referencing fair trading in comment

Feedback that is not allowed includes a comment that references to eBay, PayPal or law enforcement investigations

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Thank you, will do, glad you replied.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I always find it intriguing as to why such charmers keep buying via internet if they truly are so unhappy with the performance of so many of the products they purchase

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Just rang  ebay and they advise that dept of Fair trading is not considered Law enforcement is there an Australian Phone Number ?

.....no way feedback can be removed sort it out with buyer .... I don't think this is  possible as we have already offered resolution through dept of fair trading.

Negative feedback hurts as we really have tried to fix this.I don't know what the buyer is after  as they did not truthfully relay events to dept of fair trading.

From my experience the highest expectations come from other sellers and also the worst outcomes if there is a problem. 

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Fair trading is indeed a law enforcement agency.  They are responsible for prosecuting a range of consumer and trader legislative obligations.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I think what you will find is they will simply remove the comment, but still leave the negative. In order for them to remove completely, eBay now requires in cases like this to call the buyer and confirm deletion - been there, done that. Bit disheartening I might add. 

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

On the phone now to ebay.

The rep I have spoken to advises appealing the original decision not to remove on the basis that Fair Tading is a law enforcment agency.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

About us 

NSW Fair Trading safeguards the rights of all consumers and advises business and traders on fair and ethical practice.

We provide services directly to individuals and businesses to create a fair, safe and equitable marketplace. The laws we administer set the rules for fairness in the countless daily transactions between consumers and traders. We investigate unfair practices and ensure that the products sold in NSW are safe and meet their regulations and safety standards. We register co-operatives and associations, and issue occupational licences so consumers can trust the people they are dealing with.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply