New Australian Post RIP OFF

I sent an item in 3 kilo satchel & it was returned to my local post office about 8 days later..

The post office left me a collection card with request for $13.40 return postage charge !!!

The tracking showed the parcel was delivered but there was a problem with either

wrong address (no it was correct address) or the buyer not home & failed to collect at post office...

So where do we stand as sellers? we either retrieve the item & pay the return post fee or refund the seller and leave the parcel

with Aust. Post?

either way we loose...

Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

@davewil1964 wrote:

Then, as I suggested, use AP products. They are fixed price up to 5kg.

For 7 grams, I would cut the corner off something. You obviously didn't weigh the item properly. So the problem is with you and the way you take measurements. Which needs to include PACKED weight.

It is NOT a rip-off when you don't take the time to understand the rules.

you are kidding right???   I live in For most things metro melb from public transport to govt charges etc.   BUT for Auspost I fall into their zone 2 which is a joke.   Tell that to anyone that falls into metro areas for everything else service wise besides for auspost.  CAN understand why the farmers are doing their nuts at postage costs.   Given the insane sitution that parts of metro Melb are also faced with.    The sooner they overhaul these stupid zones the better to PUT every business owner on the same playing feild.

Message 21 of 57
Latest reply

@silver-fox-bullion wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

For 7 grams, I would cut the corner off something. You obviously didn't weigh the item properly. So the problem is with you and the way you take measurements. Which needs to include PACKED weight.

you are kidding right???   I live in For most things metro melb from public transport to govt charges etc.   BUT for Auspost I fall into their zone 2 which is a joke.   Tell that to anyone that falls into metro areas for everything else service wise besides for auspost.  CAN understand why the farmers are doing their nuts at postage costs.   Given the insane sitution that parts of metro Melb are also faced with.    The sooner they overhaul these stupid zones the better to PUT every business owner on the same playing feild.

No, I'm not kidding. The AP prices are clearly posted. The bumper doesn't seem to understand how they work. You seem to also have no idea. AP postage rates are dependent on where the BUYER is, not the seller.

I do note that you have worked out the spelling of 'you', so that's an improvement.

Message 22 of 57
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

No, I'm not kidding. The AP prices are clearly posted. The bumper doesn't seem to understand how they work. You seem to also have no idea. AP postage rates are dependent on where the BUYER is, not the seller.

I do note that you have worked out the spelling of 'you', so that's an improvement.

IT of both the buyer and seller example a seller living in postcode 3810 in metro MELB can not tap into the zone 1 rates if the buyer lives in 3001 for example..   They are charge zone 2 rates.   A seller in that 3810 HAS no zone 1 areas at all to work with..    There alot of metro Melb postcodes in the same vote.   

Message 23 of 57
Latest reply

Totally incorrect. Except that intra-urban rates only apply to intra-urban. 3810 is outer Melbourne. it would have been the bush not many years ago.

I also would like to know where farmers come into it. Given AP's 22kg limit, I doubt many real farmers are using AP to ship their produce.

Message 24 of 57
Latest reply

lol 3810 in metro melb for everything else besides for auspost,   Even berwick narre warren etc are in the outer metro in the zone 2 areas with no zone 1 rates

Message 25 of 57
Latest reply

A lot farmers and country folks also run online business from home or business in country town running business that need to use auspost services day in and out.  auspost needs an overhaul where a postcode does NOT put a business at a disadvantaged.   there was a major on 7:30 on abc not all that long ago.   re the massive issues for business in the metro city areas and country towns that are paying a premium price in alot of the cases for no justifty reason 

Message 26 of 57
Latest reply

I suggest you have a look at the AP rate table.

Bands are predominantly determined by volume, not location. And zones are, these days, same city, major metro, and rural.

3810 is considered by AP to be outer Melbourne. Reasonable, considering how far it is from the CBD. Narre Warren is closer, thus considered Metro. The line has to be drawn somewhere. And 60km to Melbourne is hardly metro, no matter how much you wish it was.

None of this has anything to do with the bumper not understanding how postage works, except periphally, in that you don't seem to be able to understand it either.

Message 27 of 57
Latest reply

A lot farmers and country folks also run online business from home or business in country town running business that need to use auspost services day in and out.  auspost needs an overhaul where a postcode does NOT put a business at a disadvantaged.   there was a major on 7:30 on abc not all that long ago.   re the massive issues for business in the metro city areas and country towns that are paying a premium price in alot of the cases for no justifty reason 

So, once again, you reveal your lack of understanding about how AP rates work. The location of the sender IS NOT the trigger. The location of the recipient is.

If a farmer is in Colac and sending to Melbourne, they pay metro rates. If the farmer is in Toorak and sending to Colac, they pay rural rates.

It's not hard.

Message 28 of 57
Latest reply

every metro business owner is aware of the auspost rates we do not need to look at a table.  to know they are stuffed.   NO courier in this country sees 3810 as NOT metro melb.   The govt does NOT even see 3810 as NOT metro MELB.   This is a link to what the govt see as metro MELB  https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/discover/melbourne-victoria/metropolitan-melbourne

@davewil1964 wrote:

I suggest you have a look at the AP rate table.

Bands are predominantly determined by volume, not location. And zones are, these days, same city, major metro, and rural.

3810 is considered by AP to be outer Melbourne. Reasonable, considering how far it is from the CBD. Narre Warren is closer, thus considered Metro. The line has to be drawn somewhere. And 60km to Melbourne is hardly metro, no matter how much you wish it was.

None of this has anything to do with the bumper not understanding how postage works, except periphally, in that you don't seem to be able to understand it either.

Message 29 of 57
Latest reply

what chart are you using??    if  only the one on auspost website that NOT caluting the zones for my post business but the flat pacel rates.   you need to look at the my bussiness rates where they are charge different to the flat rate system.    

Message 30 of 57
Latest reply