New Postage Rates - watch it!!

Just a word to the wise.

Aust. Post has increased its international postage rates today and the Ebay postage calculator is still showing the old rate.

I've just sold an item at old postage rate of $17.25. It will now cost me $28.90 to post at today's new rate.

Not happy as item was only $8.99

I hope Ebay pulls its finger out QUICK SMART!!!

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: New Postage Rates - watch it!!

Hi all is there a increase in the express satchels?

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

Have just received the latest AP Post Charges dated 5 November.  Express Post prepaid products have increased by 30cents on most things but 60cents on C5 envelope and 5kg satchel and nothing on 3kg satchel.

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

It's getting so, soon it will be cheaper to hand deliver.

Thanks for the heads up. I was just about to start selling again.:-(

Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

even worse if it is to the u.s.a. which will need the extra $9 =

That surcharge has been abolished.

It  is not possible to adjust the calculator so everybody is happy, as items are listed at different times for different periods; they can be listed for 10 days with BIN, and there is no way to know if they will be sold, paid for and posted while the old charge is valid or if the new one will have to be paid. 

There have been notice of the charges increase and it is up to each seller to deal with the situation as it applies to each of their listings.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

This new charge is from November 5th.  Express Post prepaid.  So no prior notice for sellers.

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

Australia Post releases info about price changes on their website. If you bookmark the page and check it monthly you will know in advance of any increases.

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/price-changes.html

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

I posted an international parcel under 500g at the start of November for $17.20, minus the box of course. I find that reasonable (for AusPost prices, anyway.)

How do you all manage to send international large letters overseas? I've tried once or twice and always got parcel rate.

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

re large letters soulyearns. You have to bully the person behind the PO counter to make it "large letter". Then they may hassle you to put a green customs thing on it..which I do to appease them, where I live at least. If you put "under 20mm" in the right hand corner in pen...this should alert them too....and or large letter in pencil....

The smaller postoffices can be downright neanderthal about it all, but the larger centres usually know what they are doing....I was told you just have to write "printed matter only".....an airmail sticker and that's it.......if its a scarf...well, I usually put some stiffener in the packet, but my PO gal still says "hmmmm doesnt feel like a letter"....so basically, you have to keep your eye on the PO person....unless you have one that's really cool and never messes up.....they do exist.......jilly

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks for that news Nova....about the surcharge being abolished !! I had no idea...not as if they alert everybody is it? Good...at least something pos happened amongst all the fee hikes...jilly

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

They've abolished the 125g weight band for letters, so rate goes straight from $2.35 for 50g to $6.20 for 250g and then $14.20 for 500g.

So the 50g rate's the same, 500g has gone up, 250g has gone down, and anyone waning to send a 51g letter will feel the pain as the 125g weight band has gone. And of course, the prices have officially become a dog's breakfast as they are no longer simple multiples of the 50g rate...

๐Ÿ˜ž What I send usually falls into two categories - 50g or 125g., so that's annoying.

On the plus side, the surcharge being abolished is good. Now I can open up my heavier stuff to the US again ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply