New T&Cs for PO Boxes

Just thought I'd mention this as I only found out about it due to having a PO box and there being a flier in there today.

It doesn't have an "effective from..." date on the flier, but it states that signature on delivery will now be ignored for any items sent to PO boxes.

Quote: "only Registered Post "Person to Person" service and ID on Delivery products will still require a signature on collection. For those items delivered directly into your PO Box our scanning equipment will record the date and time as proof of delivery"

This change is being introduced in conjunction with the red door boxes (my PO has a few of these larger boxes with red doors, basically if a parcel doesn't fit in my PO box but will in the larger red door one, they'll put the key to the specific red door box in my PO box, and then there's a small chute to return the key after I've collected it).

Anyway, SOD was probably less useful for PO box deliveries, but now pretty much worthless (unless the item + postage combined value is $750 or more, in which case you must use an SOD service to qualify for seller protection from eBay / PayPal, not sure if this AP initiative will compromise that, if eBay / PayPal would want to see the sig that was collected, which in this case would mean there is none, unless person to person was paid for, at an additional $6 or so).

I wonder how many PO staff will tell people not to purchase SOD if they're posting to a PO box - I'm sure a little notice to advise I'm wasting my money will pop up in My Post if I have entered a PO box address and go to tick SOD... 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: New T&Cs for PO Boxes

thanks for the info.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: New T&Cs for PO Boxes

I really appreciate you posting about this. Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply