New defect system wrong numbers....

lolobgo
Community Member

hi guys, 

i saw there was an old message about this, but nothing lately. 

According to the wonderful new defect system i have 4 items as defects as not a described,

but when i run the report, i only get 2 items...

one the guy was unhappy with the item, but gave me glowing feedback (what the?)

and the other one of those was a cancelled transaction, where the buyer didn't even pay, so i put an buyer hasn't paid claim and closed it, even when the buyer didn't pay.... 

so i know and can see them, but what about the other 2? 

is the new system still wrong or am i missing something? 

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

eBay are quick to forget that it was the Garage Sale Type Sellers who kicked eBay to where it is today and made them mega millions in profit.. It used to be a place you searched for hard to find treasures that have been pre loved - not all the $2.00 junk from China !!
Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Well I wasn't too concerned about the defect system either until I seen what just happened to jpamboris a few posts down from this one.
It seems we are all doomed to fail unless we are a multi million dollar company like the good guys , dick smith etc etc.
somehow we have to drive eBay crazy by hounding them about any unfairness in this defect system. Yes I know it's like CS are like machines at the end of the phone . I like their polite templated messages at the end of their emails while they are slowly wringing your neck or like poor jp where they just ripped his head clean off in one unsuspecting moment. I'm over resting on my laurels when it comes to this heartless greedy company
Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Oh just curious if plants would come under second hand or new.?
Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Lou, 

I guess that would depend if they are grown from cuttings or from seed..... 

seed would be new, 

cuttings second hand.... 

that's my guess anyway! LOLCat Wink

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Well, at the rate i'm chalking up defects (real and unknown) i'm saying hello and goodbye to my powerseller status.... Thanks for a nice week or two.....

and looking *forward* to my account suspension... NOT

this sucks. 

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

just wondered about the defects on one certain store D S that you mentioned, with 152 negs in one month, most out of stock ,I don't know why people buy from them, haven'y bothered looking at the other big stores.

just a matter of time, before we are all history and Ebay will be scratching their heads wondering where the buyers are.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

i don't think they would ban D S. even with their bad feedback, although if they keep mucking us little guys around, i'm pretty sure that their profits will drop, no small sellers hopefully no small buyers but we all count in the scheme of things... 

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Hi Guys, 

Just wanted to let you know that after a couple of emails to eBay, 

today i got 4 emails,  one after the other, all from different people...

they have corrected my defective (wrong) defect rate (PHEW)

Fingersd crossed other people can get it sorted out too! 

Man Very Happy

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Thats great news Cat Happy

And demonstrates too, that persistance is required to get defects removed

The CS rep line that defects can not be removed is such defective carpiful carpy carp Cat Frustrated

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

I wish Amazon would create a platform in Australia ... I would be the first in line and I do not think it would hurt for ebay to have some serious competition as the way things are now they have the luxury of doing whatever they want with absolutely no oppositon

as for the defects escpecially the item not as described it is a no win situation when the buyer does not read the description even the highlighted bold sections ... I can only do so much (you can lead a horse to water etc)

oh well I may as well resign myself to being defective lol and hang in for as long as it takes to move my stock

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply