New feature in Sold - post by ...

Has anyone noticed the new feature on your Sold page where it tells you the date you need to post things by? Providing it works consistenly (and accurately), it could be handy because we'll know whether or not ebay count public hols or weekends in the 3 days (my handling time is 3 days but I usually post a lot sooner).

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, maybe that is why my (and other members) sold stuff is telling them it's past due to be sent (even though soad items were sent months ago and have feedback from the buyer)

Perhaps ebay fubar-ed something in the update?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Fubar      snicker.gif

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

The message disappears when you mark it as posted, even when it's a letter with no tracking.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Mine seems to be functioning as intended, though will keep an eye on the dates when the next public holiday approaches (it disappears for me as well, once marked as posted, and purchases made from Friday afternoon to Sunday were showing 'Post by Tuesday, 30th May', with a 2 day handling time, purchases made today were saying post by Wednesday).

Does anyone know if a similar note shows on the buyer's side? I don't have anything I need to buy to check. Smiley LOL But it would be handy if it does (on the other site I sell, the order details show the ship by date on both the buyer and seller's end). 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I paid for something tonight and all it shows is the ETA. No mention of when it should be posted by. The seller has a 1 day handling time.

Spoiler
That was an item that Mr Tippy didn't realise he'd bought. He hit the BIN button, but PayPal glitched and he couldn't pay. He assumed that meant he hadn't bought it because he always pays straight away. He then went and bought the same thing from a different seller. He knows now that hitting BIN and confirm means you've bought it. Plus he got a slap across the back of the head for his efforts!
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply