New feedback policy not what is cracked up to be

Well i lodged my first request to have inaccurate feedback (buyer saying i didnt respond to queries- can prove through eBay that she never made any queries), and guess what i got a link to old policies saying bad luck sort it out with the buyer once again, oh and nice polite have a nice day at the end, even though new policy explicitly indicates that this is a scenario where feedback can be removed, wondering what the point of having policies that may adversely affect buyers is for when clearly there is no intention of enforcing it to correct behaviour, bet you if it was a seller would've had a policy violation in a heart beat and traffic restricted. Feeling disillusioned finally thought some common sense changes were being implemented for the good of all! Not happy at all with all this and seems i have no right of response once again
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: New feedback policy not what is cracked up to be

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Only worried about 1 neg feedback?  Aren.t you concerned about the other 7?

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Had the feedback only mentioned communication it may have qualified for removal but that was not their primary reason for leaving the feedback. It was much more about the fact it failed on initial use and no amount of communication would alter that fact.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

We’ll automatically remove negative and neutral feedback and low detailed seller ratings when:

• It’s from a non-paying buyer
  • A buyer shows a pattern of leaving low feedback
  • It’s something that’s out of your control such as weather-related delays, postal strikes or natural disasters
  • It’s from a buyer who’s been suspended.

so which of the above would make your neg. eligible for removal?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Putney there are whole new spiels on site map about feedback, beyond what you posted - so maybe go and brush up on them given you hand out advice on same.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Yes I am becasue its not fair to get negative when you have not been afforded the opportunity to rectify ( if indeed there is a problem), who knows now as buyers word is never scrutanized even though its clear that at least half of the statement is an untruth. I'm happy to cop it if I dont do the right thing but once again the sells rights and access to equity are just ignored

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Yes and I offer a money back guarantee and always either replace or refund if something isnt up to scratch but in this particular instance wasnt even given a chance , I though ebay guidelines ask buyers to try and resolve before just leaving feedback?  Has to be fair for all, we work hard to post quick and rectify problems if they arise.  I often get very positive feedback from customers who werent initially happy with their product for whatever reason.  I'm not in the business of ripping people off.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

keep reading there is more the part you quote is only the first bit

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Why are buyers able to leave neg feedback without trying to resolve the situation with the seller? They obviously want to keep the item and then neg without any contact - sellers have no choice when leaving feedback, positive  only. Buyers wanting to neg should be queried as to whether they have attempted to resolve an issue with the seller, and if not then prevented from leaving negative .

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
I think you should permanently remove from sale the mattress protector as you receive a lot of bad feedback for that $4.95 item alone
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply