New feedback policy not what is cracked up to be

Well i lodged my first request to have inaccurate feedback (buyer saying i didnt respond to queries- can prove through eBay that she never made any queries), and guess what i got a link to old policies saying bad luck sort it out with the buyer once again, oh and nice polite have a nice day at the end, even though new policy explicitly indicates that this is a scenario where feedback can be removed, wondering what the point of having policies that may adversely affect buyers is for when clearly there is no intention of enforcing it to correct behaviour, bet you if it was a seller would've had a policy violation in a heart beat and traffic restricted. Feeling disillusioned finally thought some common sense changes were being implemented for the good of all! Not happy at all with all this and seems i have no right of response once again
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: New feedback policy not what is cracked up to be

I changed the description to better reflect that the matress protector is a disposable item and since then no neg feedback and still one of my top sellers, think sometimes you just have to manage buyers expectations especially on cheaper items and then all is ok

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Couldn't agree more, now how to convince ebay of fairness of this??
Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Except that I phoned to advise I had just received feedback from a buyer who left another negative and neutral for two other sellers ON THE SAME DAY.  Buyer had never contacted me to say they had a problem.  This Buyer has left 5 feedback and only one was positive. 

Even though I advised eBay the seller had hung up on me when I called, they still advised me to call the buyer and work it out.

So eBay also do not remove feedback if buyer has a record of leaving bad feedback either.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Ekoeco, I feel yor pain, I have also tried to do what ebay wants and have not been responded to, interesting thing is that when I spoke to the phone operator in the philipines yesterday she didnt even know about the new policies and after some time i gave her the link but still got the same answer, something is not right here, either Ebay have not informed their staff of the policy properly or they have no intention of following it at all as it is all prefaced with the open ended word "may"

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

You could always try the defamation route.

Here is the link

A claim of defamation is submitted by the member or their solicitor and accepted by eBay pursuant to the defamation policy, or as part of a legal agreement/settlement between two members. Submit a claim of defamation here.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

I'll keep that one up my sleeve for next time, interestingly I did finally get a response from the offending buyer and it turns out what she actually meant by " couldnt contact buyer" was that when she went back to the item transaction to try contact she could not find a way to do it in the transaction so she felt the only way to get my attention was to leave neg feedback.  Funny I wonder if eBay will accept that in this instance they were to blame for me getting bad feedback and had absolutely nothing to do wih me a complete failure of their system for the buyers experience( which they carry on about all the time), anyhow because the buyer purchased 2 of these items and one failed and she fully accepted that these things happen sometimes and items fail ( for which a refund fixed her issue and she was happy with the other one).  In any event I definately think these instance should continue to be broadcast and brought to Ebays attention in no uncertain terms as being great barriers to us maintaining our records through no fault or failure on the sellers behalf.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Why not ask the buyer if she would be willing to revise the feedback ?

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

She did revise it with nice comments about me but I still have issues with ebays stance on the seller always being the problems and i think this is a prime expample of Ebay getting it very wrong

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply