New ridiculous promo by Ebay ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Selling Challenge: Unlock $3.30 Final Value Fees*

Here is the link to offer 

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/7850

Good luck ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ 

198EB848-A801-4870-B331-DD0963D5E256.jpeg

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: New ridiculous promo by Ebay ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Selling Challenge: Unlock $3.30 Final Value Fees*

Sorry, replying to self. I suspect it would be $30 (as then there would be the 30 c GST. Would that be accurate? TIA

Message 11 of 31
Latest reply

Re: New ridiculous promo by Ebay ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Selling Challenge: Unlock $3.30 Final Value Fees*

The terms say items have to be over $50 so you don't need to do any maths. Unless your terms are different. I haven't actually clicked on the page but it says $50 in the link showing in my promo section.

It also says GST excluded so I'm wondering why it says $3.30.  Add the GST and it'd be $3.63.  As I said, I haven't actually read the terms yet, just what shows in the link.  

If it's under $50 but postage would take it over $50, it might be worthwhile changing to free postage.

Message 12 of 31
Latest reply

Oh sorry, Brer. Didn't read it properly. Insert embarressed emoji! 

Message 13 of 31
Latest reply

There's no insertion fees either.

What I find interesting is their rather ambiguous wording. The way it reads is that you have to sell 10 before the discount applies to any of them, but I assume that's just the silly way they've written it.

"Pay no Insertion Fees and a maximum of $3.30 in Final Value Fees when you list and sell 10 items each valued at $50 or more."

@ pnc - I know the feeling.  Sometimes we just can't see the forest for the trees.

Message 14 of 31
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

There's no insertion fees either.

What I find interesting is their rather ambiguous wording. The way it reads is that you have to sell 10 before the discount applies to any of them, but I assume that's just the silly way they've written it.

"Pay no Insertion Fees and a maximum of $3.30 in Final Value Fees when you list and sell 10 items each valued at $50 or more."

would that then mean $3.30 in fvf for the ten items combined? i.e. 33c fvf for each item?

Message 15 of 31
Latest reply

Ha ha, good point! They're not very good at expressing themselves, are they?
Message 16 of 31
Latest reply

Oops.

Message 17 of 31
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
I too have a few items over $50 (different ID) and will use it. I'll wait till tomorrow and check to see whether the $1 weekends will be back again this weekend before I activate the $3.30 promo though.

Exactly. Last year I sold four items for $3,000 at normal fvf a week before the $1 weekend deals came back, after a couple of months off.  I won't hold off forever on expensive items, but I'm sure going to wait and see if last weekend was just a glitch, as a couple of people have been told

(I think it unlikely, but it's definitely worth waiting a week. Actually my entire selling strategy is on pause at the moment)

Message 18 of 31
Latest reply

If I had four items worth a total of $3K I don't think I'd be quibbling over an extra couple of dollars in selling fees ($1.10 compared to $3.63).
Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

@khulu74 wrote:

Here is the link to offer 

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/7850

Good luck ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ 

198EB848-A801-4870-B331-DD0963D5E256.jpeg

I've had a think and a play with this promotion, and it looks like I might get something out of it, even though I don't want to ask $50 for the items I'm selling.

I've got no free listings left for the month, so this will at least give me another 10 listings to play with. If I list 10 items each at $50 or best offer, there's nothing to stop me revising the price to a lower one that I think it will sell at afterwards. It justs means no capped $3.30 fvf when it sells, but rather, eBay's 10.9% fvf will apply to the selling price. This is fine with me, because at least I've gotten 10 items listed for free.

Assuming I've understood the promotion correctly (which is no mean feat), I think I'll give this a try.

Message 20 of 31
Latest reply