New to selling and need some help, please

Hi,

Apologies for the long email but I'm hoping someone can help me or point me in the direction of whom to contact or where to go.

This email is to gain help and provide feedback. 

I'm new to eBay, first listing July 2020. I have an online shop powered by Shopify and thought I'd link eBay (as I did with Facebook and Instagram). Everything was running smoothly - 13 sales and all feedback positive.  

Limited to how much stock I can publish and completely agree to these T&Cs and understand it's for buyer and seller protection, as well as eBay Branding. I certainly have no problems with these guidelines or procedures.

Monday 5th October I received a congratulations email saying how well I've been doing and I can now sell more (I've received a few of these over the last couple of months) Items: 290 increase 640 and Amount: AU $15,000.00 increase  AU $28,500.00.  

Again I understand they may be automated but there still has to be some sort of criteria to approve the next stage and surely I must have met that criteria. Plus, I haven't even reached these increases.

Then on 6th October, the very next day my account is suspended - just like that.  

Title of email: MC113 Your eBay account has been suspended - your account has been suspended because we believe this activity presents a risk to our eBay community, etc... with no appeal.  

I was in shock...what has happened! I was in a real panic. 

The email does not clearly tell you why your account has been suspended, exactly what risk do I pose.  

Contacted CS via Chat and my account was reinstated - just like that.

Having time to think about what happened I was not happy and therefore shortly later contact CS again via chat. I what to know why my account was suspended and how to avoid it happening again. I know they're not going to tell me the specific reason but I'm dumbfounded that they offered to increase my limits, only to suspend.   Had I done something wrong? I'm a new business owner and didn't want a bad reputation.

No-one can give me an answer. The last agent says it is an automated thing.

Surely a company like eBay would do a few checks before suspending your account or checks prior to increasing limits.  

No-one in business would treat their customers like this.  

It gets worse, I received another email to advise me my account is reinstated, along with instructions on how to relist my products. 

Firstly, the instructions are incorrect in the email - To see these items, sign in to My eBay, click the "Activity" tab, and then click "Unsold" under the "Sell" heading. To relist an item, click the "More actions" drop-down menu, and then select "Relist." 

You can only access unsold items by Seller Hub.

Checking my Products there is an error - This listing has been cancelled due to listing violation. See "My Messages" for more details. 

I have no messages

Secondly, I can't relist. When I try to relist I receive an error message - the listing has been deleted or you are not the seller.  

I've attached both errors.

Can you help or refer me to someone that can help, please?

Thanks, Tanya 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: New to selling and need some help, please

It depends whether or not the OP is getting extra freebies.

For many months I've been getting unlimited freebies, usually 2-4 of the month. I have still got over 500 listings on my non-store account, and I certainly don't pay insertion fees.

Plus there was recently a 100 listing 10% credit promo which also didn't attract insertion fees.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply