New to selling and need some help, please

Hi,

Apologies for the long email but I'm hoping someone can help me or point me in the direction of whom to contact or where to go.

This email is to gain help and provide feedback. 

I'm new to eBay, first listing July 2020. I have an online shop powered by Shopify and thought I'd link eBay (as I did with Facebook and Instagram). Everything was running smoothly - 13 sales and all feedback positive.  

Limited to how much stock I can publish and completely agree to these T&Cs and understand it's for buyer and seller protection, as well as eBay Branding. I certainly have no problems with these guidelines or procedures.

Monday 5th October I received a congratulations email saying how well I've been doing and I can now sell more (I've received a few of these over the last couple of months) Items: 290 increase 640 and Amount: AU $15,000.00 increase  AU $28,500.00.  

Again I understand they may be automated but there still has to be some sort of criteria to approve the next stage and surely I must have met that criteria. Plus, I haven't even reached these increases.

Then on 6th October, the very next day my account is suspended - just like that.  

Title of email: MC113 Your eBay account has been suspended - your account has been suspended because we believe this activity presents a risk to our eBay community, etc... with no appeal.  

I was in shock...what has happened! I was in a real panic. 

The email does not clearly tell you why your account has been suspended, exactly what risk do I pose.  

Contacted CS via Chat and my account was reinstated - just like that.

Having time to think about what happened I was not happy and therefore shortly later contact CS again via chat. I what to know why my account was suspended and how to avoid it happening again. I know they're not going to tell me the specific reason but I'm dumbfounded that they offered to increase my limits, only to suspend.   Had I done something wrong? I'm a new business owner and didn't want a bad reputation.

No-one can give me an answer. The last agent says it is an automated thing.

Surely a company like eBay would do a few checks before suspending your account or checks prior to increasing limits.  

No-one in business would treat their customers like this.  

It gets worse, I received another email to advise me my account is reinstated, along with instructions on how to relist my products. 

Firstly, the instructions are incorrect in the email - To see these items, sign in to My eBay, click the "Activity" tab, and then click "Unsold" under the "Sell" heading. To relist an item, click the "More actions" drop-down menu, and then select "Relist." 

You can only access unsold items by Seller Hub.

Checking my Products there is an error - This listing has been cancelled due to listing violation. See "My Messages" for more details. 

I have no messages

Secondly, I can't relist. When I try to relist I receive an error message - the listing has been deleted or you are not the seller.  

I've attached both errors.

Can you help or refer me to someone that can help, please?

Thanks, Tanya 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I can't give you much help, but a few questions come to mind, like what sort of items got the listing violations? Did all this happen after you linked with your Shopify store? I suspect that if they are linked products, there is a problem with the listing details.

What every the problem is you will not be able to attract many account suspensions before it is permenantly deleted so you need to get on top of the problem quickly. You might get a better answer from someone who has gone through this on one of the Shopify help groups on Facebook.

Latest reply

just a quick look what ya getting done on is the ITEM specifics and lack of from a quick look at a couple of your listings 

I

tem specifics Condition:
Brand New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read more
Brand: Undisclosed UPC: Does not apply

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

thank you and appreciate the reply 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

thank you and appreciate the reply. 

No, it started after - I'd been using my Shopify for a while and had no problems.   I sell homewares.  Again if you check out my feedback all buyers are happy and have no problem with my products or delivery.  

The agent said it happens to everyone - maybe this is their way of weaning out the fraudsters...i don't Know.

The thing I don't understand is how the day before, you receive an email stating you are doing well and your limits are increased and very next day your account is suspended, only to be reinstated. 

They also said the last agent didn't reinstate all my products, so it's all up and working now.

Anyway best it's time to move on.  This certainly is the way I treat my customers.  Never forget where you came from. 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

They said this had nothing to do with it.  During startup, I wasn't entering this information but now realise this is important and have been doing it.  I can see it syncs from Shopify.   

The agent said it happens to everyone - maybe this is their way of weaning out the fraudsters...i don't Know.

It's hard for me to understand how the day before, you receive an email stating you are doing well and your limits are increased and very next day your account is suspended, only to be reinstated. 

They also said the last agent didn't reinstate all my products, so it's all up and working now.

Anyway time to move on.  I would have thought an employee from the company would have replied, but too much to expect from a multi-million dollar company 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@hashtaglovethat wrote:

They said this had nothing to do with it.  During startup, I wasn't entering this information but now realise this is important and have been doing it.  I can see it syncs from Shopify.   

It's hard for me to understand how the day before, you receive an email stating you are doing well and your limits are increased and very next day your account is suspended, only to be reinstated. 

Anyway time to move on.  I would have thought an employee from the company would have replied, but too much to expect from a multi-million dollar company 

That is absolute rubbish. It does NOT happen to everyone. I have never been suspended on any account, and majority of people here will say the same thing.

You have 111 listings up. You do realise that each listing over the 40th you pay a $1.65 insertion fee? You've got $117 just in listing fees. Unless you have a massive surge in sales, anything you make this month will go straight to eBay. It would be cheaper for you to open a store.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

tvan9053
Community Member
Thanks for your reply - I agree with you, perhaps they suspended the wrong account which is why no-one would give me a proper answer and reinstated straight away. They didn’t even investigate or come back he had a look said I’ll reinstate it.
I do agree it’s quite pricey. I do have an online shop, and have my products listed on Most social media Facebook, market place, Insta & thought eBay is another platform to get my products to the consumer. Most of my stuff is different to the common stuff on eBay. So I did want to give it ago on this platform. I can always remove my listings.
I’ll give it a little longer and see how I go.
Thanks
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@tvan9053 wrote:

I do have an online shop, and have my products listed on Most social media Facebook, market place, Insta & thought eBay is another platform to get my products to the consumer.

Whilst eBay does allow sellers to list on multiple platforms now, it's not a good idea to do it - if for example you sell something on FB and it also sells on eBay before you can take the advert down you'll almost certainly end up with a neg. Too many of those and you can say goodbye to selling anything on eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

In case you didn't know, when all those listings roll over automatically after 30 days, you will be slogged that $110+ insertion fee again. Why pay eBay a fortune to "test the waters" so to speak? I would be ending 40 listings and relisting on this account to save some money. It's really not worth it otherwise. You'd still be paying a ridiculous amount in insertion fees, but a lot less than you are now.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply