No more drop shipping unless the seller 'owns' the goods listed. Is this an ebay joke ?

Did the number of ebay listings really drop by a few million after the edict took affect ?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

No more drop shipping unless the seller 'owns' the goods listed. Is this an ebay joke ?

@dontmissthese wrote:

I may well have counted the 'before' if I was able to travel back in time.

My brain wave arrived last night.

My grand plan was shattered when I investigated the new drop shipping criteria.

A new plan has since emerged.

( OK, how do I add the lines below as a tag or whatever it's called. I have searched preferences and settings

to no avail )

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.

Looks like you are an ideas man.......For better or worse at least some-one is still having a go. Hope it all works out for you but dont forget to genuinely look after your customers. It might take a bit longer in the short term, but will pay dividends in the long game

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

I find it  immoral and an injustice to purchase any goods from much less costly stores and sell them on Ebay as their own at extended prices. 

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

@prancerstella wrote:

I find it  immoral and an injustice to purchase any goods from much less costly stores and sell them on Ebay as their own at extended prices. 

It's called doing business - most if not all businesses are there to make a profit in one way or another.

There's nothing stopping you from Googling the product to find the best price for it, nobody is forcing you to only shop on eBay.

eBay's policies allow sellers to drop-ship under certain guidelines, read the link below.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/drop-shipping?id=4176&s...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

@prancerstella wrote:

This is actually what capitalism is.

Unless one is a manufacturer - all buy from someone else.

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Just eBay?

Are you ok then with b&m stores and their huge markups on products and produce with diddly going to the producers?

Same thing 

And jobs who pay a salary way over the work done simply  for the 'job title'  rather than the value/contribution of the work? 

That is unfair 

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply