No probs with the new "changes".

Just been reading the new Ebay "changes".

Personally I don't have a problem with anything.

1) I'll be pushing out my handling time from 5 days to 10 days or maybe even more to give me a bigger buffer.

2) 95% of my items are now sent with tracking anyway, compared to a year ago when it was about 50%

3) In terms of the "Late Shipment Rate", honestly the only time Ebay will be aware of this, is if the buyer leaves feedback and marks the stars. Considering that only about 20% of my buyers bother with feedback, I'm not too worried.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

No probs with the new "changes".

I am unsure what (if any) immediate impact these changes will have on me as yet. It's potentially no impact, but with a very real possibility of high impact.

In the immediate sense, the main thing that will change for me is that I will no longer be able to state any T&Cs (officially) for change of mind returns, they will be automatcially extended to allow for COM returns for 30 days after the sale, and eBay will automatcially accept them on my behalf. Personally, while I don't experience a lot of COM requests, I take exception to eBay dictating the terms (or lack thereof) on behalf of all sellers, even though I can likely still work with it.

It hasn't been mentioned elsewhere near as I can tell, but eBay will also be auto-accepting SNAD requests on behalf of sellers - they say it's under some circumstances, but those circumstances weren't clarified in the info I read.

Don't forget these are all in conjunction with collapsed search, where buyers are only going to see a few key results in searches and will need to click on one to see more options for the same or similar products from other sellers. If you don't happen to be one of the lucky few who gets the buyers landing on your listing first up, you'll have to hope the buyer doesn't like what they see and keeps digging. 

Factors that will almost certainly determine who gets featured in the primary search results are - guaranteed delivery, free postage, and free returns. 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply