Rising fees

rob_cas
Community Member

In the name of " protecting our buyers" Ebay is raking up more moolah by raising fees for sellers below standard.

What a joke! How greedy can you get? Bunch of @#$% mongrels!!!

Shame on you ebay

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Rising fees

You realise that this a "community" forum made of members just like yourself, and not eBay staff, yeah?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Rising fees

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Please explain? 

What fees have been increased?

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Rising fees

Have you told this to ebay

I am guessing no ?

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Rising fees

@twyngwynwrote:

see this thread:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Announcements-and-Seller/Autumn-2018-Seller-Update/m-p/2134550

Thanks twyngwyn....I obviously looked before it was showing up as did stawks and kopes.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Rising fees

I got 3 emails about it.

I'm not going to worry about it too much - I have 2 TRS accounts and this one is above standard, because of the low volume.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Rising fees

I love the way people complain about dodgy sellers but when ebay do something that might actually bring a few people into line everyone complains about that too.

Yes, I know for some things we're at the buyer's mercy but a lot of sellers could help themselves a lot by improving their listings and either giving more detail or being more accurate.

2% isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things (20c out of $10) and I'd much rather pay that than get the boot.  If 20c makes the difference between my items being viable and not viable then I'm selling the wrong product.

As for the guaranteed delivery dates, I doubt a lot of people will opt in to it.  If a person has good products that people actually want and they give good service I doubt they'll lose too many sales if they don't guarantee delivery dates.  I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it and wear myself out by worrying about things that may never happen or affect me.

The new options for offering returns (or not) seem to be encouraging a lot of sellers to go back to having separate postage, so at least they're not trying to push us into offering free postage like they were.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Rising fees

"2% isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things (20c out of $10) and I'd much rather pay that than get the boot.  If 20c makes the difference between my items being viable and not viable then I'm selling the wrong product."

I'm not really sure that's the point.

I'm sure Ebay has done their due diligence, but out of curiosity I may confer with my solicitor friend to see what his thoughts on it are. To charge a higher fee for  "underperforming" -  based on an arbitrary and seriously flawed rating system appears to be pushing the boundary

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Rising fees

Ebay is only for protecting the buyer, always, No matter how much of scamming,pants on fire con artist they are

Protect the scammers, cane the sellers and if the buyer is a scammer, cane the seller even harder

Not a popular opinion with some, but that is the reality of ebay

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply