No sales for months

Hi Sales gave been so slow since covid hit, nothing like previous years, but the last few months absolutely zero, no offers, nothing. Havent had a sale for a over a month. Alot of money tied up for no sales hope it gets better soon

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

No sales for months

Online shopping has boomed during Covid.  Ebay traffic is up.  My sales are well up this year on last.

If you have zero sales for months you can either blame covid or have a good look at your business and the market you operate in and plan your way out.  

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

No sales for months

I don't have many things up, but I too have noticed this. Not sure if I want to put anything new up, what with all the people here who are getting complaints about parcel delays. 

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

No sales for months

My shop was doing very well generally and in fact sales were booming the first 6 months of Covid, and then in November 2020 it was like a switch was thrown and suddenly my sales were down around 50%. 

In the last couple of months, they're down even more, around 60-75% less than a year ago.

On another site I sell on, my sales have gone in the other direction - UPWARDS.

Not easy to say it's one's business model when the opposite shows as true on other sites.

@p9games - people are allowed to voice their frustration without wanting to leave the platform. Even though my sale are down here, it doesn't mean that the ones I have are not valuable to me. Every transaction helps put food on my table, especially since my husband lost 2 jobs during Covid.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

No sales for months

My sales are booming.

Maybe your items are overpriced, not wanted or a multitude of other reasons,   look at your offering.

I just looked at one of your items,  I wouldnt buy even if I wanted it.

The description is - ''Vintage Japan Ricoh Automatic 21 Jewels - Green Dial - Stretch Band - Day/Date'',  no other details,  there is no way I am buying a used watched where you cant even bother to give me some details on it's condition, or anything else, or is that your way of avoiding an Item not as described dispute, because you havent described it.   $120 plus $15 postage (a little high).

Maybe look at how you are trying to sell your product.

Good luck

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

No sales for months

Both our stores down around 50% last two months.  JobKeeper long spent and little left in pockets hurting discretionary sellers more.  Staples reasonably steady.  We put it down to economy.  One indicator is when eBay start running TV commercials.

Another oddity, with really slow postal delivery, I suspect some buyers have stopped online purchasing with lock downs stopping.  Plus, everyone wants a holiday !

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

No sales for months

I have noticed a huge drop recently and put it down to delivery delays.  Recently sent an item to a suburb 15min drive away and 7 days and still showing expected delivery in 2 days.  

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

No sales for months

I think it comes down to, what sells well this week, doesn't even get a look in next week, or next month. I haven't been selling that long, but last year, sales were there, but not as much as I'd have liked. This year, I've actually had to take the odd day off from my real job to catch up with all the orders. I had to have a day off 2 weeks ago as I was getting snowed under. I generally only have around 50-70 active listings, so definitely not a high volume seller by any means.

I guess it depends on what they buyers want at the time. With all the lockdowns, people may not want to buy a watch, because they can't go anywhere to wear it. In the 4th quarter of last year, I ended all my listings, left it a week, then relisted. Sales went BOOM.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

No sales for months

Cant find your store

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

No sales for months

What an Attitude LOL

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply