No sales for months

Hi Sales gave been so slow since covid hit, nothing like previous years, but the last few months absolutely zero, no offers, nothing. Havent had a sale for a over a month. Alot of money tied up for no sales hope it gets better soon

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: No sales for months

We began writing our own website too, testing the waters but soon realised how lengthy and drawn out that process becomes, the time to manage multiple platforms, multiple inventory control.  But the hardest part was trying to get onto Page 1 of a Google search and that can cost lots of money.

We then realised how sophisticated eBay platform is and the 13% fee was in fact good value for money.  For that price we would never realise the exposure and have decided to stick with it.

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

@Coffee - for sure I'm going to stick with Ebay as I do get sales, but I think that it doesn't hurt to have a backup website and other channels. A website I did for my mum (non e-commerce), went from page 10 of Google results to page 2 in the space of about 12 months, from a mix of organic views and paid clicks (budget about $1.00 a day). Doing a website is definitely a long game process. Not everyone can be page 1 in results, but there are free ways to drive traffic, such as Instagram, Tik Tok etc. I'm terrible at social media, but I know someone who has almost 19,000 followers on Tik Tok and will be approaching her to do some little videos for me once my website is up and running.

Within the next 30 days my aim is to have:

1) Current Ebay store

2) A second Ebay store with different products entirely

3) Current Etsy store

4) A second Etsy store - busy setting up

5) My own website - busy setting up

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

no,as many people there are complaining about lack of sales.

It's ebay 

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply