No sales on Black Friday

With all the hype of Black Friday to Cyber Monday I was hoping to have a few sales, and sadly no... and here comes the retail recession we had to have 

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

No sales on Black Friday

Unfortunately I don't have a seperate account for the discussion boards so I just pay normal prices and sell with a small profit margin.

Message 31 of 33
Latest reply

No sales on Black Friday

You don't really need a separate account for the discussion boards, but it certainly pays to have separate buying and selling accounts. Buyers have been known to go through feedback to see what you've paid for an item, and then get all uppity because you have the audacity to ask more for it than what you paid. It can also send buyers to that seller to get it at the same price you paid. 

I have 3 active accounts. I haven't bought anything for ages, but when I was buying, I'd buy on all accounts, but wouldn't list the items on the account that bought them. I would label every purchase with the amount I paid and the account I bought it on so I wouldn't forget. Prior to doing that, I did have one buyer abuse me because they could see I'd paid $10 for it and listed it for $15 + postage. She got blocked almost immediately.

Message 32 of 33
Latest reply

No sales on Black Friday

HA!!! They got angry about a $5 difference in price!? Get a life, weirdo buyer! lol.

I only have one account, for buying and selling, but I only buy things for myself or for gifts, and I never re-sell things I buy on ebay. (oh, actually, I once did. But only because the item was too big despite me checking the measurements. Not the seller's fault. So I just sold them to recoup my expenses).
Message 33 of 33
Latest reply