No sales on Black Friday

With all the hype of Black Friday to Cyber Monday I was hoping to have a few sales, and sadly no... and here comes the retail recession we had to have 

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

No sales on Black Friday

Why denigrate Americans just because the Australian retail sector tries to glom onto another country's tradition?

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

No sales on Black Friday

@billexploited wrote:

With all the hype of Black Friday to Cyber Monday I was hoping to have a few sales, and sadly no... and here comes the retail recession we had to have 

I ended up with a fairly good weekend of sales. From late Friday arvo to first thing Monday over 20 sales including some higher value stuff. This is a slightly bigger weekend than normal for me, so Black Friday / Cyber Monday has not caused any issues for the stuff I sell. 

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

No sales on Black Friday

@wilmajames123 wrote:

Why denigrate Americans just because the Australian retail sector tries to glom onto another country's tradition?

Cos I can   tongue.gif

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

No sales on Black Friday

@supermussolinibros wrote:

why are you attempting to drive people away from here unless they conform to your rules? someone needs to file a report......

File a report on what?

If you mean file a report on me, go ahead, be my guest.

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

No sales on Black Friday

Not enough coffee this morning when clicking the Kudos button.....  I thought I was kudosing a post suggesting super should be abiding by forum rules regards promoting other sites.....Smiley Surprised    Sorry Lyndal

Its OK I,m awake properly now

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

No sales on Black Friday

Smiley LOL You can aways remove your kudo chameleon.....just hit the button again.

Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

No sales on Black Friday

well, just another thing I didn't know!    learning all the time!

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

No sales on Black Friday

Already done thanks Lyndal.....Smiley Happy

As for sales, went out to the farm for a couple of hours this morning to load sheep onto the truck for market and a couple more ebay sales while I was gone. Basically sales are ticking over nicely and are above average at the moment, so no effects from Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

No sales on Black Friday

@supermussolinibros wrote:

why are you attempting to drive people away from here unless they conform to your rules? someone needs to file a report......

And was that someone you, by any chance?

I have scrolled back & maybe I have missed it, but I seem to recall lyndall asked why you were on ebay if you hated it so much (or words to that effect). But the post is gone now?

To my mind, it was a fair enough question as you have at times in other threads come across as almost a marketplace & gumtree spruiker. I'd almost be wanting payment for the glowing reviews, if I were you.Smiley Happy

But here in this post, you explained it:
because i buy on ebay and resell for two to three times the value i have bought on here - why are you here? I don't sell on here anymore as the fees are pathetic but you seem to like it.

See, mystery solved. That's all lyndall & others were probably curious about-what you were doing on ebay. Like you, I don't sell on ebay any longer, I am a buyer too (but i buy for myself not resale). 

I am impressed if you can sell for triple the price you pay on ebay, I've never found things that cheap. Reasonable, yes, but not sure I could get double or triple for them on any other selling platform. Maybe I just look at the wrong things.

I don't think anyone minds who is on the forums & I don't think anyone is trying to drive others away. But sometimes you've come across as a bit dictatorial, almost implying anyone who uses ebay to sell is a fool. Doesn't make for peace & goodwill either.

Basically, a lot of sellers wouldn't be selling here if there wasn't a profit in it for them. But different strokes for different folks, something like that.Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

No sales on Black Friday

I have sold quite a number of items over the years where I paid less than a dollar and got up to $100 for them. Even with the fees, I still made a killing from them. There is little to no interest for the items I sell on Marketplace, and even less on Gumtree. I do well with fresh produce on Marketplace, but that's about it.

Message 30 of 33
Latest reply