Non Payers!!!

I Know, I know, we have all had non payers and people who "will pay" but I seem to be having more non payers or problems with buyers this past year than I have had in years - and I have had an eBay account since the late 90s, (with a different user name) And repeat non payers!!! How on earth do the get away with it?  I have since blocked a few non payers but there needs to be something else done to protect the sellers on eBay from thse time wasters. EBay reasons that it changed the rules on negative feedback from buyers to sellers to increase buyers therefore increasing postential sales - GREAT we just need them to pay up! I have missed several sales now due to non payers and by the time the 4 days, contact buyer deal is done, then the 8 day to pay time waster is through, buyers have gone elsewhere. Appologies for repeating the obvious but I needed to vent. Thanks for "listening" Cheers, Dave

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Non Payers!!!

@surfajo wrote:

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I have had two "non-payers" for the same item. I am selling a car and I put it on EBay. Within two days I had an "Item Sold" notification. Did the usual thing - send invoice / congratulate buyer on purchase. No response for a couple of days so emailed again. After 3 days I got an email back saying "I don't want item anymore". I cancelled the transaction and relisted the item. Received another "Item Sold" notification. This time I was pretty sure the person was another dud. He had no Feedback, and his Member ID was fucwi_0 and only joined EBay a few days ago. Even his address didn't exist. So if you get something from f***  wit at 9988 Smith St Campsie 2222, it doesn't exist. An unfortunately you can't leave Negative Feedback

I hope you opened and closed a non payment dispute to get your fees back? Don't cancel transactions like that, always open a non payment dispute. That way the buyer gets a black mark against their name rather than getting off scott free. It also helps other sellers out who have blocks in place if you issue them with a strike. Once they get 2 strikes, they can't buy from any seller who has blocks in place.

As for the 0 feedback tyre kicker, set your blocks so that low feedback buyers who aren't phone verified can't buy from you. That block probably would have stopped that latest loser. I would also be reporting him to eBay for using false details.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply