Non payers

I have had at least 10 non paying buyers in the last couple of months. Is Ebay doing anything about these buyers? I'm sure in years gone by, Ebay used to suspend them from all activity, now there seems to be no penalty. These time wasters seem to be able to bid on whatever they fancy and simply not pay. We, as sellers, are left to relist and start the selling process all over again. It seems the only people who are receiving a penalty for unpaying buyers is the sellers. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Non payers

Never heard of eBay suspending fake 'buyers' from all activity, must have been a long long long time ago

Have you been reporting these people for non payment ? (or have your settings to do it automatically if no payment is made)?

And then put the on your blocked bidders list?

eBay do not 'know' a 'buyer' has not paid if it is not reported, the bots are not that clever 

and if it is not reported, they are free to do it to even more people over and over because sellers who do have their blocks in place would otherwise not have to deal with such 'buyers'

Much like when a seller gives a 'buyer' a green tick for not paying, just encourages them to do it more

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Non payers

It's up to YOU to use the tools that eBay provides you.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

Also use your BBL (buyer blocked list) and set it to 2 strikes in 12 months etc. Or you can stop the auctions and have a BIN price with immediate payment required - Bingo, no more non-payers.

Edit. G'day Sandy.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply