Non-responsive buyer - when to refund and move on?

I sold an item well over 48 hrs ago. The buyer paid pretty much immediately, but I've tried contacting him twice since then to confirm shipping details abd haven't had a response. Am I able to refund his payment and relist the item? If so how long do I have to wait?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Hi why do you need to confirm shipping address with them, you should have it supplied via ebay system  Is there something wrong with information supplied to you? If not ship the item.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

You really need to read up on how to conduct an ebay sale, you have a negative for a damaged cheap screen protector, and now you are heading for another

just post it !!!!

they have paid

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
Confirming shipping details? Just send the item. It will improve your DSRs
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@dr_pocket wrote:

. . . . but I've tried contacting him twice since then to confirm shipping details  

The only time I have had to confirm shipping details is when the buyer has paid by bank deposit/transfer.  Every PayPal payment I have received has given me the address that I must post to in order to have PayPal seller protection.

If you pester the buyer for a shipping address, and they supply a different one to the one on the PayPal payment, then you WILL NOT have PayPal seller protection if you post to that address.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

You postage time stars are starting to look sick you need to get it posted

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Um, did anybody bother to look at the other feedback left for other people by the op's only neg giver??

I'm stunned that people like that are allowed to trade on ebay and potentially ruin peoples businesses like this.

Straight on my BBL

I can remember once having to ask a buyer once for an update on their shipping address as it just didn't make any sense to me. They responded a few days later & all was good.

Maybe you could grab their phone number and give them a call if your not completely sure about something?

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@weluvgamez wrote:

Um, did anybody bother to look at the other feedback left for other people by the op's only neg giver??

OMG! I now understand why our last PM coined the term internet nut job!

He seems to have an awful lot of items that didn't show up at all, an awful lot that had slow postage. Lots where he got refunds. A fair few revised feedbacks.... For so many problems, he sure is a persistent little fella, eh? Most people would have given up trying to buy online a long time ago....

But FTR, some of his FB's he's left for others are absolute corkers, it's worth the read - skim the positives too, some crackers in there as well...

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

"For so many problems, he sure is a persistent little fella, eh? Most people would have given up trying to buy online a long time ago...."

Smiley LOL

Yep, poor guy has just had a lot of plain ol bad luck.

I mean, since I opened my ebay account just over 2 years ago, I have had over 350 transactions home & away, & not had one item lost in transit.

Just plain ol good luck I suppose.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

is there some way you can protect yourself as a seller from this type of buyer, Obviously pays for items so won't have strikes for that. Does ebay have some way to flag him?

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply