Nooo! my item retails $199 sold for only $0.99!

mime225
Community Member

omg I auctioned my PocketWizard and it ended up selling for only $0.99! New it retails for just under $200. Is there anything I can do or do I have to send over the item for less then a dollar?

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Fair enough...........

Like I said, some have empathy, some don't.

Message 31 of 43
Latest reply

There is a significant echo here.

I've heard that some people believe if you keep on saying the same thing eventually somebody will believe it..

As I have no empathy, I can only guess, but keep on trying and you may well prove me (and some people) right.

Message 32 of 43
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

There is a significant echo here.

I've heard that some people believe if you keep on saying the same thing eventually somebody will believe it..

As I have no empathy, I can only guess, but keep on trying and you may well prove me (and some people) right.

Yes agree the points made by Gotta are signficant and worthy of repeating in the face of heckling

significant = sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy

Message 33 of 43
Latest reply

My God, it slipped out of my hand and the screen broke!! cant sell it now. Little white lie never hurt anyone - all right for those righteous people but some people really need the money and cannot afford to lose so much like that, especially if they followed Ebay's suggestions - poor thing I feel sorry for you
Message 34 of 43
Latest reply

Whoa this thread blew up!

I contacted the buyer and offered the item for a $100 but he declined saying he only bid on it because it was going to be cheap. I just saw the negitive feedback and he seems pretty annoyed.

I figured in the past when I put items up for sale at $0.99 there wouldn't be an issue as there has usually been plenty of keen bidders. Considering how popular this item is I wasn't expecting an issues but maybe Ebay isn't as popular as it used to be..

Thanks so much for everyones help. I'm very appricatve 🙂

Message 35 of 43
Latest reply

You can leave follow up to feedback, explaining the situation. IE- followed Ebay's advice; new seller; etc etc etc

Message 36 of 43
Latest reply

I'm trying to resell my camera equipment again on Ebay but this time with a minium bid. Thank you for the advice 🙂 But now I'm having a serious issue

The bizarre script at the end of $0.99 sale of the PocketWizard has come back to haunt me.

I keep deleting it on my other items but it doesn't go away and I'm worried it's going to impact the sales. Fortunately I'm monitoring the items rather than with the original $0.99 disaster..

Here are the items with the script issue

Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Lens for Canon

Sigma EX 50mm f/1.4 DG EX HSM Lens for Canon

Genuine PocketWizard MiniTT1 Transmitter for Canon CE Version AU EU Mini TT1

Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Shoe Mount Flash for For Canon

Should I pull the items? I can't edit the

Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Lens for Canon

because there is a minimum bid on it 😞

Any advice guys?

Cheers

Message 37 of 43
Latest reply

Ok I pulled the items execept for the item with the minimum bid. Ebay's got me spooked..

Message 38 of 43
Latest reply

WOW, that is weird! Instead of hitting the relist button, try using the sell similar option and remove the mumbo jumbo again. Before you submit, select the preview option first to see if it shows there. The preview option should show you how the listing will look once it goes live.

If you can't get it to remove using sell similar, my only suggestion would be to start the listings from scratch again and see if that helps. I know it's a pain when you have to upload all the photos and whatnot again, but it might work. If you have the ended listings open in another tab you can just copy and paste the description so you don't need to rewrite them all.

Message 39 of 43
Latest reply

Thanks for your response tippytoes. The issue is I'm pretty certain the mumbo script was there when I first listed the products. I looked over each listing and it would have been really obvious. Does eBay have a support line? Cheers

Message 40 of 43
Latest reply