Not Sure What To Do I Do Need Advice

Had a buyer who purchased an item BIN but didn't Pay, 1 Hour later purchased another item and pays straight away. I received a message this morning asking to cancel the first order as she has a new account with ebay and will buy the item from the new account. I canceled the sale with the option Buyer Requested To Cancel. Now under her new account she has purchased another 4 items BIN but not the original item and still has not paid for any. This Buyer on her original account had a FB of 2 now increased to 4. Advice please should I block her? Should I let it ride? After 4 Days I Will if payment is not received open a NPB, This all just seems a bit suss. The buyer is in Adelaide SA Smithfield Plains.

Why would someone open another account with same details to drop back to 0 FB from 4??

Thanks for any info

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I'd much prefer they see a message "this seller doesn't wish to sell to you because you are a BAD buyer". I can't say on a public forum what I'd really like them to see LOL.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Being a good girl myself, I've never had one of these messages so I can't speak from experience.  Smiley Very Happy                                                               

Good point.   That's why I've never got any other message

Yep.  Ebay would hardly show you a message saying "This seller has taken exception to your forum posts so isn't allowing you to buy from them at this time", Smiley LOL so you'd just get a generic message in this instance.

I must confess to not paying for something last year but it's the only time and it was on principle.  The description of the item said the seller had more and would offer them to the winning bidder, so as soon as I won I sent a question asking how much more she had and indicating I was definitely interested.  She opened a non-payer case before she answered me and I decided this was just plain rude and I told her so. 

She claimed ebay did it and she had no part in it but I'm a seller too and I know that's a blatant lie.  She also said she'd gone away for a few days over the long weekend, but why didn't she turn off the unpaid assistant before she went?  She obviously knew how to turn it on, even if she claimed "ebay did it".  Sellers are pretty stupid when they lie to buyers that blatantly and she lost a sale over it.  That was months ago and she's still trying to sell said item, plus another one I would have taken all she had.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

I did the opposite a number of years ago. I bought something that I thought was a commemorative coin, but I'd misread the description and it turned out it was something like a Bitcoin. I didn't have an account for the seller to deposit it into and didn't plan on creating one, so I paid the $2 and told the seller to relist it. It was in my earlier days when I didn't realise you could cancel bids (although I think it had less than 12 hours to go when I realised). I hoped someone would outbid me as his other listings went for over $10 but no-one did. I didn't want to be labelled a bad buyer, so just paid it and moved on. After all, it was my error.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Tippy said:

I'd much prefer they see a message "this seller doesn't wish to sell to you because you are a BAD buyer". I can't say on a public forum what I'd really like them to see LOL.

------------------

Smiley Very Happy

Too polite, tippy.

The message of preference would be 'Get lost, you bad buyer. You didn't pay other sellers recently so you're not bidding on my goods.'

But hey, I'd settle for ebay just giving them a factual reason so they can work it out for themselves.Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Tippy said:

------------------

Smiley Very Happy

Too polite, tippy.

The message of preference would be 'Get lost, you bad buyer. You didn't pay other sellers recently so you're not bidding on my goods.'

But hey, I'd settle for ebay just giving them a factual reason so they can work it out for themselves.Smiley Wink

Ah, but ebay DOES give them a factual reason if it's because they've had too many non-payment strikes against them, as you'll see if you read all of this thread.  

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

It would be nice if they got some big flashy message, like those banner ads for gambling (assuming they're still around, I haven't had ads for years), telling them what a bad buyer they are.

you are a Non Paying Bad Buyer. BAD, BAD, BAD buyer! Go away and come back when you've learned some manners. Don't you realise there are starving kids in Africa?

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

I've not had any strikes so I don't know. I was under the impression a lot of people just got the message that the seller wasn't taking bids. I didn't realise it actually went on to tell them they have too many non payment strikes therefore they can't bid.

But it's great if that is the case.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply