Not getting feedback what is the protocole

cddlb
Community Member

I have sold a few items recently - one was a 2nd chance offer that was snapped up very quickly.  Items all posted by the following day/Monday in the case of a weekend sale.  None have tracking as they were small items sent as a letter.  The dates of posting are 28/5, 31/5 and 1/6.   With more recent sales I have asked that they let me know when the item arrives and that seems to work.

My question  -  is it OK if I write to check that the item has arrived?  I guess I would know by now if it did not or was not OK.

Thanks  

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not getting feedback what is the protocole

cddib, the reality is that some do, some donโ€™t. We have some excellent return customers whi have never left feedback, but we know through the odd piece of correspondence theyโ€™re very happy.

We never ask for feedback and only follow up on deliveries if there appears there might be an issue. It is what it is, and best left alone in my opinion. If you ask, you might receive less than you expected - feedback wise, or deluvery.

Sleeping dogs!

Melina.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

It's perfectly ok to ask politely but don't expect to receive an answer all of the time though

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I think it is better not to ask - some buyers don't give feedback and get annoyed when asked for it.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you.
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Both of these answers is why I asked the question.  I am aware that indirectly it could seem to be a hunt for feed back but not the main purpose.  I am a small fish in a bigpond and really would like to know the item arrived.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

cddib, the reality is that some do, some donโ€™t. We have some excellent return customers whi have never left feedback, but we know through the odd piece of correspondence theyโ€™re very happy.

We never ask for feedback and only follow up on deliveries if there appears there might be an issue. It is what it is, and best left alone in my opinion. If you ask, you might receive less than you expected - feedback wise, or deluvery.

Sleeping dogs!

Melina.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks Melina,  I think I agree - sleeping dogs and all that - probably would have heard if NOT received!!!

Thanks for the replies 

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

We've got our wires crossed somewhere,I thought that you're after a response from the buyers to let you know if they received the items.

You're not after feedback as I read your post but many members are responding regarding actual feedback.

That's why I said yes you can ask the buyers to let you know if the item has arrived.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Fair^^^^^^comment.

Ive done the same - sort of.

Melina.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks Kollector18, I did read your answer that way.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply